Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
American Express Elite Football Performance Centre

The name of the new training ground.

EDIT - Beaten to it by a few seconds, please delete or merge. Ta.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hopefully a nice wedge of £'s for the player budget, or perhaps just less money coming from TB?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Lets hope when Sami says to the players 'see you at the Amex' that they don't pick the wrong one! Have they paid enough to let us dodge FFP? That's 2 'buildings' and kit, so must be worth a tidy sum.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
With so many youngsters being there, maybe we should nickname it the Jam-ex to stop the confusion

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I realise that having Brighton in the name is difficult when it's in Lancing, but it's all Amex. It could be any 'old' training ground.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I realise that having Brighton in the name is difficult when it's in Lancing, but it's all Amex. It could be any 'old' training ground.

Does this really matter? They've paid us £millions apparently, they could've called it the "AMEX R BETTER THAN MASTRECARD" for all I care.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does this really matter? They've paid us £millions apparently, they could've called it the "AMEX R BETTER THAN MASTRECARD" for all I care.

Are we selling our soul? The American Express BHA training ground would have been simpler.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be interested to know what Amex are getting out of their association with the club. Does it really increase their brand name, is it a PR exercise, or something else?
Not complaining just intrigued.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Very much agree.

I can't remember us ever having our own training facility. I really have no attachment to the word 'Brighton' being in the name.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are we selling our soul? The American Express BHA training ground would have been simpler.

It's not just a training ground though, is it?

Why would we want to downplay the name when we can use modern terminology (see also: Elite Player Performance Plan) to describe a very modern and expensive complex?!

Are you miffed we don't play at the Amex Ground?

In short: you're talking shite.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not really sure how you think the chosen name would represent us as "selling our soul" any more than the American Express BHA training ground would?

Surely any soul-selling would have been done the moment a corporate sponsor signed the deal and inserted their identity into the name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here