England
Switzerland
Slovenia
Estonia
Lithuania
San Marino

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
How could you not qualify in a group like that - that's part of the problem, we always seem to get a relatively easy qualifying group and then fall apart when we get there

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How could you not qualify in a group like that - that's part of the problem, we always seem to get a relatively easy qualifying group and then fall apart when we get there

Only the top team qualifies without a play-off, and Switzerland (as I write, they've gone three up) are at least as good as we are right now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We'll make top two. The Swiss may tip us, based on their current form and our current form (ie, they can actually win a game).

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Only the top team qualifies without a play-off, and Switzerland (as I write, they've gone three up) are at least as good as we are right now.

You sure?...9 groups, top 2 auto Q. Best 3rd auto Q. Remaining 8 3rd places play off. That's what I thought.

=28 team knockout

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

You can finish 3rd and potentially still qualify without a playoff

"The group winners, runners-up, and the best third-placed team (with the results against the sixth-placed team discarded) directly qualify to the finals. The eight remaining third-placed teams contest two-legged play-offs to determine the last four qualifiers for the finals"

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
England will comfortably qualify from the group they are in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not the winning but who is remotely interested in watching those games ? Who will pay for advertising on ITV when they show the games when they know England games have no interest by the majority anymore

Majority? You sure? I'd say minority myself. And they weren't fans anyway just fair weathered types

so we lost - so what? Do people give up on their clubs when they lose. Only 1 team out of 32 can win the thing ffs!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Many of us questioned how the Swiss were above us in the rankings and so were seeded for the world cup. I guess this explains it. When did we last score 3 goals in a game at a World Cup?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If we carry on like we are doing we will be in Pot 3 alongside the Jockos and other also rans

Onwards and upwards :) I think that if we can find a decent RB and CB we have the makings of a decent squad plus, if we can explain to Wilshere that the game is played standing up rather than diving looking for free kicks, he will become a really good player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here