Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private landlords wanted - anyone know of any

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Hey im looking for a place with my girlfriend to move in August time, wondering if anyone knows of any good landlords that are private owned. if do please feel free to contact me, be much appreciated, looking for a flat or house in the brighton and hove to lewes area, looking at 400 to 800 pcm.
Kinds regards

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
400-800pcm for a house? You'd be lucky to get a half decent boxroom in Brighton/Hove for that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You sure you're not a lettings agent touting for new properties?

Oct 25, 2003
you can get a reasonable 1 bedroom flat for 800 and a bit of a hovel for about 700..anything above 'reasonable' and you're talking more....400 will get you a room in a shared house

landlords without letting agents are like goldust. ive had 2. the first was great and the second was a complete maverick shambles

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People in the flat below me are moving out next month, live just off Lewes road, 1 bed think its about 750pcm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm interested why you want a private landlord
Probably because agents charge you so much for everything - we're going to check your bank, that'll be £100. Oh, and you want a contract, well that's extra. Want a reference when you move on, that's extra. Want a key to actually get into the property, that's extra.

PS - look on gumtree

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably because agents charge you so much for everything - we're going to check your bank, that'll be £100. Oh, and you want a contract, well that's extra. Want a reference when you move on, that's extra. Want a key to actually get into the property, that's extra.

PS - look on gumtree

Never rented so I just assumed you just paid your rent while the property owner suffered all the mangement costs, I suppose they get it both ways. I assumed it would be better to rent from a managing agent property so if, for example, the lock on the front door breaks the agent will sort it out fairly quickly rather than waiting for the landlord who happens to have just started a two week holiday abroad to sort it out

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never rented so I just assumed you just paid your rent while the property owner suffered all the mangement costs, I suppose they get it both ways.
They charge everyone.
I assumed it would be better to rent from a managing agent property so if, for example, the lock on the front door breaks the agent will sort it out fairly quickly rather than waiting for the landlord
Agents don't have agreement from all landlords to fix any work at any price. The landlord might let the agency deal with it, or they might choose to deal with it themselves. And if you've got a decent landlord, it won't matter if they're on holiday, they will call a tradesman to deal with it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hey im looking for a place with my girlfriend to move in August time, wondering if anyone knows of any good landlords that are private owned. if do please feel free to contact me, be much appreciated, looking for a flat or house in the brighton and hove to lewes area, looking at 400 to 800 pcm.
Kinds regards

2 Bed flat in Sackville Road, Hove for £895 pcm if you like ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Kinds regards

Advertise yourself on GumTree

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
400-800pcm for a house? You'd be lucky to get a half decent boxroom in Brighton/Hove for that.

Yeah the 400 is a little hopeful but we rent a massive 1 bedroom flat 2 mins walk away from Brighton Station for only a smidgen above 800. I'm sure in the outskirts of the town 600-800 is achievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here