Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music from the 1950's

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just discovered this today. Not sure how I've missed it all these years but I can't stop playing it now.

[yt]D9TcAqnpmN0[/yt]

Anyone got some 50's crooner gems they'd like to share?

This is one of my all time favourites:

[yt]kdK1wvKAFfg[/yt]

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Check out 'Dion and the Belmonts', although their best track for my money was actually recorded in 1961 - 'Runaround Sue'.

The 50's had some cracking music,

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You should listen to Smile Sussex, lots of crooner stuff on there plus other greats only trouble is on my DAB it doesn't show the song title or artist.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Absolutely no crooner records in my collection, you may as well stay with Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra and other easy listening singers.

From the title I was expecting a discussion on early rock'n'roll records from the 50s, from the obvious (Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis, etc) to the obscure that is found on the excellent Ace label.

Perhaps another time.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[yt]KqVUwJvde44[/yt]

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[yt]2sAHiR0rkJg[/yt]

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
There are just too many good songs to choose from!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Johnny Burnette could both rock and croon and play country, well to be honest most of them could back then. I could post all day long on this thread, but I am not a fan of soft sweet love songs be they doo wop or 50s lounge music or rock'n'roll.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wow! We are talking my era here,left school in Brighton 1954,became one of Brightons first Teddy Boys. Powder blue suit,bootlace tie,brothel creepers...only trouble was I had to leave my gear at my mates house,my Dad would've mullered me if he saw me dressed like that.
Anyway to the music,instead of posting a video... I dug out this jukebox of the 50s,ten best selling records of each year,change to any year of the 50s at bottom of link page. Enjoy!http://upchucky.com/JukeCity/1954/player.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here