Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA WILL PUSH PLAYERS TO LIMITS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-25jun14-ld229-1677556_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia pictured at the training ground.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
16:14 25th June 2014
by James Hilsum
We need to push ourselves to the limit and do the best we can in every game."
Sami Hyypia
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia is looking forward to the start of pre-season tomorrow and says he will push the players to their limits ahead of the new season.The first-team will report back to the new training ground in Lancing and Hyypia gave an idea of what his players can expect ahead of preparations for the new campaign.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I am looking forward to the first training day and meeting all the players. I can’t wait to start working here and prepare the team for the new season.
“Fitness is very important in football and you need to be able to run for 90 minutes and maybe even a bit more sometimes, but I would like to do most of the exercises with the ball.
“I like to push people to the limit and that’s what we need during the season as well.* We need to push ourselves to the limit and do the best we can in every game.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

“I demand 100% quality and concentration in every session we do. We can have fun in the sessions as well and I like the players to enjoy themselves, but the concentration still has to be there.“Hopefully in training we can create an atmosphere that the players know they need to work hard for success, but you can have pleasure and fun as well.”
The Finn also stressed the importance of getting to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players during pre-season and building a squad capable of dealing with injuries in what promises to be another tough season in the Championship.
“My focus is now on getting to know all our players; their strengths and weaknesses, and how they are as people, so I can handle them better.
“We also need to have a squad that is prepared for injuries. I haven’t seen the latest list yet, but I think Andrew Crofts has a few weeks to get to full fitness so he won’t be starting with us. Hopefully he will join us soon and be fit for the whole season.
“I know the Championship is a tough league and many clubs would like to get promotion, but I’m quite confident that if we get a squad together, then we can be one of the main candidates for promotion to the Premier League."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here