Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Hoddle give England 6 out of 10 .

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Glen Hoddle says England didn't do themselves any favours and it was a very average world cup for us.
He then gives England a 6 out of 10 score.
I would say it was a 3 out of 10 at best.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Glen Hoddle says England didn't do themselves any favours and it was a very average world cup for us.
He then gives England a 6 out of 10 score.
I would say it was a 3 out of 10 at best.
3/10? Ridiculous. We were narrowly beaten twice. You could play those three games on another day and we'd have got far more points (which equally wouldn't have made us world beaters).

We've have cruised out of 5 of those 8 groups as a second seed.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
0/10 for me, the whole point is to get into the knockout phase and we failed miserably, beaten by a poor Italian side who didn't qualify either, beaten by a Uruguay team who relied on one player and with him gone will get spanked by the Colombos and a miserable 0-0 draw against Costa Rica who won't get any further. In hindsight this wasn't a group of death but an easy group and compared to 2002 which we sailed through a much harder group.

We are regressing to such an extent under Hopeless Hodgson we won't even qualify for 2018 and when meaningless Euro qualifiers are played before a half full Wembley then the FA will get rid of this clown hopefully it may be as soon as they get home.

Hoddle is being kind saying 6/10

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't help wishing that Hoddle was our manager when listening to him over the last week or so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, he should get another go when Hodgson is sacked

Very witty Ernest :smile:

Tried Tested and English I would have expected you to be all over it for Albion manager

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
On average, the teams in England's group based on FIFA rankings were 13.5.

Group A was 24, Group B 23, Group C 22, Group E 20, Group F 28, Group G 14, Group H 27.

Yes, I know this doesn't mean much, and we're still out of the competition, but getting a top South American team and a top European team meant this outcome was a distinct possibility before we got on the plane to go out there.
The Germany group was similarly tough and tears will be shed elsewhere before the group stages are complete.
Argentina, on the other hand, have the easiest group,and Lionel Messi.
But not the Falklands.

England did okayish for a team in transition and, though another 1966 is unlikely, I expect more positive outcomes in the next Euro and World cups.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Glenn Hoddle? Wasn't he England manager in a previous life?

Yep, and made some silly comments, now in his current life he spends his time talking slowly to people with mental disabilities, such as Adrian Chiles and Ian Wright :D

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
He's the man we need to sit on top of our pyramid!

Apparently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love listening to the views of Souness, Hoddle, Waddle - straight talkers who tell the truth, all played abroad to a high standard and Hoddle has great coaching credentials.

Offensively, possession, creativity and passing we're improving.

But Hart, Baines, Jagielka are nowhere near world class, or as good as predecessors. We also don't protect the back 4.
Most international countries, at clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool play 4-3-3, with 2 midfielders in the 3 deft at protecting the centre of defence. Hodgson didn't do that, meaning Henderson and Gerrard were outnumbered in the CM battle and we were prone to the counter attack.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
showbiz-clarissa-dickson-wright-1.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
6/10 is fair over the 2 (yes TWO) games. We were very good against Italy. Average against Uruguay. But there wasn't much to choose from in either game and we were v unlucky overall. I'd go 6/10 too tbf. Our defence was shocking overall and our finishing poor but our attacking counter very good..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Italy match - 7/10
Urua - 4/10
Costa - 3/10

Below 50%, grade D fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here