Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greece penalty was blatant dive

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Vid shows that the penalty that got Greece through and eliminated Ivory Coast was given for a blatant dive - the defender didn't touch him. If they can punish Suarez retrospectively, what about this? Worse in a way as it directly influenced the result of the game and who qualified from the group.

[vine]Mtn1b7zJAgP[/vine]

[video]https://vine.co/v/Mtn1b7zJAgP[/video]

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
The footage I saw (on the BBC last night) showed the 1 sec before the clip you posted that shows the IC leg catching the Greece one which then resulted in the kicking of the ground.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Video is from the wrong angle. Replays on the tv last night clearly showed the defender making contact with Samaras' leg causing him to kick the ground. It was a penalty.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The footage I saw (on the BBC last night) showed the 1 sec before the clip you posted that shows the IC leg catching the Greece one which then resulted in the kicking of the ground.

Yep. First shot looked he tripped himself (and not a dive anyway) second replay cleared he showed contact with the defender.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Vid shows that the penalty that got Greece through and eliminated Ivory Coast was given for a blatant dive - the defender didn't touch him. If they can punish Suarez retrospectively, what about this? Worse in a way as it directly influenced the result of the game and who qualified from the group.

[video]https://vine.co/v/Mtn1b7zJAgP[/video]

It was definitely a penalty, he was about to pull the trigger and his back leg was taken out (just before that image). I don't think it was intentional though, he just happened to catch his leg.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Look at that vid, the last bit shows he stubs his toe and falls over

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

In that vine you posted, you only see what happens AFTER his leg was clipped. The reason he kicks the floor is because the defender caught that leg. Look at the YouTube video above and you'll see.

100% a penalty.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Selective video evidence on your part. Include the bit before he stubs his toe.

It's not a Liverpool player-you do realise that don't you?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Very smart video editing in that case!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Vid shows that the penalty that got Greece through and eliminated Ivory Coast was given for a blatant dive - the defender didn't touch him.
Posting a video clip of the end of the foul and claiming it's a dive is a bit weird.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I did not think it was nailed on, defender putting his foot where the striker's foot was going to land: a common trick even in amateur football, the less subtle one being a a push in the back as the striker is about to shoot. Striker did some good acting, looking for the nudge. I think the striker was off balance anyway and the defender got duped into making a foul challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here