Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's so hot...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It's so ******* hot at the moment, I can't ******* sleep, its been like this for the last few nights, I only just had my duvet and covers washed on sunday, and now they all stink because of the sweat that has been caused by the warm nights

Does anyone else on here hate warm nights?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
i didn't make it clear enough, I'm sleeping on the duvet without a sheet and its still ******* boiling

It is quite hot tonight - it says 26.3 on my alarm clock. I've been drinking so I'll be nodding off fine in a minute.
If you have an attic in your drum then opening the hatch to that is quite effective in cooling things down a bit.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Pansy. 44oC today. Yesterday the radio said "temperatures would noticeably dip, to a cooler 39oC."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The trick I've found is to sling every single window in the house wide open about an hour before you go to bed. It lets all of that heat out which has been building up throughout the day and will leave you with a chilly duvet and sweat free testicles :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Underneath my bed i have a vast drawer in which i keep a fresh and chilled cadaver. On such a night i drag whichever one is in there, provided, i have to say thankfully, by my butler, Bosley, and hold that fingerprintless recently deceased, usually female, body to obviously help me feel necessarily cooled, but also to feel the influence of their last living dream, stored somewhere in their deteriorating hippocampus, into mine. I learn so much of another world and all its emotional secrets, whilst of course staying perfectly fresh and unawoken by fiendish temperatures so that the next morning, with Bosley ever by my side, i get to plan my next unjust act against my lifelong enemy, Marks and Spencer and their agonisingly dreary "fashion" range.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Get a fan, put a bowl of ice/water & ice just in front of it. Also agree re opening as many windows as poss (only for my Mrs to then go around shutting them usually because 'it's getting chilly' :facepalm:)

At night, make sure there is a gap in the curtains (I go for bottom corner) for air to circulate into the room better, makes a huge difference

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Underneath my bed i have a vast drawer in which i keep a fresh and chilled cadaver. On such a night i drag whichever one is in there, provided, i have to say thankfully, by my butler, Bosley, and hold that fingerprintless recently deceased, usually female, body to obviously help me feel necessarily cooled, but also to feel the influence of their last living dream, stored somewhere in their deteriorating hippocampus, into mine. I learn so much of another world and all its emotional secrets, whilst of course staying perfectly fresh and unawoken by fiendish temperatures so that the next morning, with Bosley ever by my side, i get to plan my next unjust act against my lifelong enemy, Marks and Spencer and their agonisingly dreary "fashion" range.

That's one of the best things i've ever read.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's so ******* hot at the moment, I can't ******* sleep, its been like this for the last few nights, I only just had my duvet and covers washed on sunday, and now they all stink because of the sweat that has been caused by the warm nights

Does anyone else on here hate warm nights?

Ditch the Duvet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here