Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does English football go from here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No coherent over-arching strategy in place to spot, develop and deliver talent. Three organizations pulling in different directions with vastly different agendas. A slow steady decline which has now resulted in the worst tournament pretty much since England first entered the tournament.

Where does it go from here?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Price cap seats, food, drinks, shirts and player wages and force huge clubs to invest in youth academies to bring though. AND point deduction and 'no promotion' automatically if you break rules.

Stumpy Tim

I'm going against the grain by saying that in many areas the team has improved. Certainly better at ball retention and we could easily have won all three games. We need to sort our defence out massively, and Sturridge needs to learn how to finish like he does for Liverpool

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm going against the grain by saying that in many areas the team has improved. Certainly better at ball retention and we could easily have won all three games. We need to sort our defence out massively, and Sturridge needs to learn how to finish like he does for Liverpool

Sturridge needs to learn to pass, he is going down the Defoe route.

We need a right back who can defend, thought jones played well today

Shaw should be our number one left back now

Cahill needs a partner - stones looks promising.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Improved from when?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Down to the lake, i fear....

Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye.

English football will continue to deteriorate because nobody who could do something to improve it has the desire or will to do so. Not enough coaches, antiquated systems for training youngsters, obscene amounts of money focused on a very small peak.

English football will, I fear, flatline at the level of, say, Switzerland. Or Slovenia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Find some Brazilians, Germans, Dutch and Costa Ricans with English grannies?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just had a shite lamb vindaloo as well. My evening knows no good.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know the FAs got bigger things to worry about but a damming indictment of just how bad England are was illustrated by the BBC i.e. National broadcaster STOPPING the coverage of the ENGLAND team on five live this evening, playing THE national game at a WORLD CUP, and switching to another match instead!

Question many are asking is can things get worse? Probably...this is England and we're a nation of sports watchers not players. Unless you count getting fat as a sport.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Until the lump it to the big strong kid up front, win at all costs mentality is forced out of our youth teams it will continue as it is.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The costs of becoming even a mid level qualified coach in England compared to other top footballing nations is ridiculous and one of problems the FA needs to deal with..

table.png

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Until the lump it to the big strong kid up front, win at all costs mentality is forced out of our youth teams it will continue as it is.

Think things have changed this year for kids. 9 aside football till they reach 16. Could be wrong though. Might help as this has been norm in most European countries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here