Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Roy Hodgson be sacked as England manager?

Should Hodgson be sacked as England manager?

• Yes

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 158 65.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hodgson's post-match interview after the 0-0 draw with Costa Rica (in which England had one shot on target):

"I'm pleased we gave the fans something to cheer about with our performance. We outplayed them in midfield."

“We showed what a good team we could be. I couldn't have asked for a better performance today."

Is he right, or is he completely delusional?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Living in cloud cuckoo land

Should never have been appointed in the first place. Out of his depth at Liverpool, Fulham and now England

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No he shouldn't. Despite going out this was better than S Africa. Sven was awful as well, he started Gerrard up front and took Walcott to the Wotld Cup on a whim. Sven wasted our best opportunity.

The only thing Roy has done wrong is select Johnson & Baines, instead of Jones and A.Cole.

At least we played a few youngsters.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And replace with whom?

What should he have done differently?

Wasn't everyone demand we play the new guys from the start?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
No. Don't know wno you would get that is better. We lost two games against half-decent teams in a tough group, big deal. We didn't play that badly. Bring the good yougsters on over the next few years. Never did fancy our chances in this one. Mind, I don't much fancy our chances in Russia or Qatar either.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hodgson's post-match interview after the 0-0 draw with Costa Rica (in which England had one shot on target):

"I'm pleased we gave the fans something to cheer about with our performance. We outplayed them in midfield."

“We showed what a good team we could be. I couldn't have asked for a better performance today."

Is he right, or is he completely delusional?

I know I am watching on Maltese TV so maybe saw a different game but that was a really poor display. First touch of most players would be crucified if it were an Albion player. At least half of these players shouldn't start in ant Premiership team.
Orlandi is better than Lallana- Calderon/ Bruno are better than Jones- Dunk is better than Smalling :) :) Pathetic.

If Wilshire stopped falling over trying to win free kicks, he could be a really good player.

At least there is a positive.... Italy going out will shut half of Malta up!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
He won't be sacked because he knows the right things to say at all times, and can deflect the flak from the in-bed-with-the-Premiership FA. The dust will die down and with the Euro 16 qualifiers coming up, we can start the whole sorry cycle over again. They've even contrived a smokescreen with the will-he-won't-he story of Gerrard's future. Pulling the wool over the eyes of the gullible fans again...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The comments about John Terry were odd. I'm starting to worry about Hodgson.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dont care if this was better than South Africa, it was still awful. To many players out of posistion, defence was laughable, that post match interview was a joke. F**k off now Woy.
But he wont or get sacked because he is another pathetic FA yes man.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I,d do more than sack Hodgson,I'd rip the F.A. apart from top to bottom and start again, clueless bunch of idiots running their little empire with the help of their cohorts at the premier league. It's the governing body that are ultimately responsible for this debacle, now is the time to remove their snouts from the trough !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dont care if this was better than South Africa, it was still awful. To many players out of posistion, defence was laughable, that post match interview was a joke. F**k off now Woy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Yes, our defence was shit - who would you have called up to play instead? There isn't anyone better.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would have liked the OP to have made his opinion clear.

No.

You don't think it was relevant to point out that he thought THAT was the best we are capable of playing? That was kind of the point, should we not be worried if that is his idea of a good performance?

I think the problems are deeper than just the manager, but I have no faith in Hodgson. That said, I cannot think of one viable English option. Between a rock and a hard place really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here