Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Headphones

Itman-dan

Jul 19, 2011
Can someone recommend a decent pair of on ear headphones for around the £100 mark? Possibly with noise cancelling aswell.

Really like sennheisers but willing to listen to any offers.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Those AKG ones have amazing sound, however, the cable is very weak and fails/breaks easily

albionite

May 20, 2009
Those AKG ones have amazing sound, however, the cable is very weak and fails/breaks easily

Yep but cable is easy to replace without replacing whole headphones, saying that had mine roughly 2 years never had a problem with them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sennheiser or Shure.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Can someone recommend a decent pair of on ear headphones for around the £100 mark? Possibly with noise cancelling aswell.

Really like sennheisers but willing to listen to any offers.

AKG K451.

Down from around £120 to £50.

Nothing touches them at this price.
Google for reviews, then go buy em.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sennheiser or Shure.

In my experience value for money, sound quality & build quality wise Sennheiser are easily the best. Brought a pair of Sennheisers for about £70 a few years ago, better than any other headphone I've used. Including over-priced tosh like Beats.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
eBay, £11. Its only a mini-XLR.

Sennheiser are my choice also although I've got half my colleagues trying to convince me that Beyerdynamic are worth the price.

Maybe they are bundling better cables at the moment?
The ones I got (only bought the headphones about 3 weeks ago) are very good, so is the carrying case, very strong.

You also get an iPhone cable included.
If you have an Android device, you can buy the AKG 452s same headphones.

And no, I don't work for AKG :) just love these little headphones

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Grado in ear around the £110 mark cannot be bettered.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Save up for the Bose QuietComforts. A tad more expensive but so so worth it. I got some for my 50th , 7 years ago and have had great use out of them Spent £50mlast December on new batteries and earpads. Now as good as new. The latest version is, I am reliably told, even better.

You can also put them on with no music and drown out any familial noise with ear deafening silence.

Superb!!

TNBA

TTF

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The cable on mine is very strong and the phones themselves are of fantastic build quality.

Yep, the build quality of the headphones and sound are absolutely top notch. They may have improved the cable since I had some AKG's but mine barely last 10 months

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Grado in ear around the £110 mark cannot be bettered.

I bought a pair of these last year and I think they are probably awesome.
I say think because, however hard I try, I just can't get the buggers to fit in my ears.

Maybe I'm an odd shape :)
If I hold them in place they sound terrific, but it kinda limits my usefulness having both hands up to my ears.

I have even tried those memory foam ear bud thingies, still no luck.
So they sit in my drawer unused and unloved :(

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yep, the build quality of the headphones and sound are absolutely top notch. They may have improved the cable since I had some AKG's but mine barely last 10 months

I guess they must have, because it really is a decent cable now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here