Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyped Italy, Pirlo, much of the Juve team - heading home at the group stage again

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After all the England gloom and doom, with the assertions that everything's marvellous with other football super-powers, Italia are going home at the group stage for the second WC in a row.

Population of football loving Italy 61m, against Uruguay's 3.3m.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Damn it, there goes my sweepstake at work - so wanted Uruguay to go out as well :(

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm really glad they've gone out. The biggest cheats in the game, who won the 2006 World Cup by unfair means, and had the brazen audacity to gloat about it. The tournament, and football in general, is richer without their further participation...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
After suffering all sorts of mickey taking from Maltese Italian supporters, I am loving this :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After all the England gloom and doom, with the assertions that everything's marvellous with other football super-powers, Italia are going home at the group stage for the second WC in a row.

Population of football loving Italy 61m, against Uruguay's 3.3m.

So?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Personally, I think Pirlo is the best player in the world and I'm disappointed he is not gonna play again this world cup.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its 'cause they get paid too much, and all the foreigners in their league.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After suffering all sorts of mickey taking from Maltese Italian supporters, I am loving this :)

The fact that there are Maltese Italian supporters is the most surprising feature of your post. I always thought they weren't very well disposed towards Italy.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm really glad they've gone out. The biggest cheats in the game, who won the 2006 World Cup by unfair means, and had the brazen audacity to gloat about it. The tournament, and football in general, is richer without their further participation...

Dodgy penalty decision against Australia, that was the turning point in 2006. About time England started doing the same and learn to become a little bit crafty and getting the job done.

Football is full of diving and cheating anyway, so I don't know why you point out Italy. Everyone does it if they can get away with it. At least the players don't bite.

Honestly if it was England that won the World Cup in 2006 would you be saying the same thing, the answer to that would be no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The three biggest leagues in the world - England, Spain, Italy
The of the earliest World Cup exits - England, Spain, Italy

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Dodgy penalty decision against Australia, that was the turning point in 2006. About time England started doing the same and learn to become a little bit crafty and getting the job done.

Football is full of diving and cheating anyway, so I don't know why you point out Italy. Everyone does it if they can get away with it. At least the players don't bite.

Honestly if it was England that won the World Cup in 2006 would you be saying the same thing, the answer to that would be no.

The thing about the Italians cheating their way through games and to the latter stages of tournaments is that they are decent footballers to begin with. England haven't got any decent footballers to begin with, so adding craftyness isn't really a goer. What we need to concentrate on are things like ball retention and passing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here