Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Listening to radio 5 commentary they claim the first half performance is desperate, poor and lacking in movement and invention. Just caught the ITV half-time analysis and they, well mainly Hoddle, claim it's promising.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Somewhere inbetween probably. Bearing in mind we're out and fielding a B team against a side who are through, it's about as good as expected.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's difficult to judge, given the game means absolutely nothing to us whatsoever. But I've voted "Bad" as I'm in that sort of mood.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Listening to radio 5 commentary they claim the first half performance is desperate, poor and lacking in movement and invention. Just caught the ITV half-time analysis and they, well mainly Hoddle, claim it's promising.

The problem with 5Live is that Danny Mills is clueless and negative at every opportunity. At 30 mins I could stand no more and switched to TalkSport who were more upbeat.

Now home and it's better than vs Uruguay for certain.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Voted good.
Costa Rica (in the same athletic way as Equador and Hondurus) came out running at us, pushing up back ... in the first 10 mins.
I thought overall England bossed it after that, good interplay and should've had a pen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hart's not looking as panicky as in the last game.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The problem with 5Live is that Danny Mills is clueless and negative at every opportunity. At 30 mins I could stand no more and switched to TalkSport who were more upbeat.

Try listening to Brian Moore's opinions on a Rugby match, " I don't know why he did that " " What was he thinking there " etc etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our B team is looking comfortably better than the side who beat Italy and Uruguay. Ah, the logic of the World Cup.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I sat outside in the sunshine for the first half. Second half-England looking as if they will get a goal. It's all rather depressing though when you think how it should be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Totally agree about Mills. Because he can string a sentence together, BBC adore him and now he's got a job for life. A monotone bore, who preaches as if he came from an era of a great England team (with a world class right back, no doubt!).

If you can put up with Tyldesley, ITV's commentary has been fine this evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was pretty dull.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Surely, even if we are out, the players given a chance should care enough to put in a performance. Looking at our "B" team we have gone backwards. Ball control and passing is awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here