Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
costa rica thread.jpeg V england.jpeg

Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte
Tuesday 24 June
Kick-off: 17:00 BST
Coverage on ITV

Line up's:

Costa Rica (from): Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Patrick Pemberton, Daniel Cambronero.

Defenders: Johnny Acosta, Giancarlo Gonzalez , Michael Umana, Oscar Duarte, Waylon Francis, Heiner Mora, Junior Diaz , Christian Gamboa, Roy Miller.

Midfielders: Celso Borges, Christian Bolanos, Esteban Granados, Michael Barrantes, Yeltsin Tejeda, Diego Calvo, Jose Miguel Cubero.

Forwards: Bryan Ruiz, Joel Campbell, Randall Brenes, Marco Urena

England (confirmed line up): Foster; Shaw, Cahill, Smalling, Jones; Wilshere, Lampard, Milner; Barkley, Lallana, Sturridge

Referee: Djamel Haimoud (Algeria).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England make 9 changes to the side beaten by Uruguay, can they at least bow out of the World Cup with some degree of dignity!?!?

(Thought I'd try my hand at doing an official match thread for the first time - can't do any harm on a dead rubber like tonight surely? :D )

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Meh. I won't be bothering with this.

I am pleased that RH is using it to experiment, however. With a bit of luck, we'll discover a few decent defenders in the coming few months and then be competitive in France for the Euros.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Am I the only one who will be watching Italy V Uruguay? Knock out football with one of Suarez or Balotelli going postal after they get knocked out

Surely better than England reserves playing in a dead rubber.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I thought before Euro 2012 we'd get done on pens in the 1/4 finals, but didn't back it, and we did, by Italy, and thought we'd lose all three games in Brazil. Looking at how CR have played, that also unbacked outcome looks more than a distinct possibility...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Anyone on here? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-27994338

Scott Jardine, a 41-year-old Worthing man, stands to land £3,000 if Costa Rica triumph against England tonight.

that just about sums it all up 3 thousand quid....big ****in' deal......i would say a costa rica win is almost nailed on...they will all be pushing for a start in the knock out stages , we have abso****inlutely nothing to play for apart from pride and if pride was a factor then i would have thought rooney and gerrard would have been involved ....absolutely gut-wrenchingly feeble , all-round performance from the team this tournament.....piss poor.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Anyone watching this instead of Italy Vs Uruguay is nuts.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
(Thought I'd try my hand at doing an official match thread for the first time - can't do any harm on a dead rubber like tonight surely? :D )

I'm afraid you've fallen at the first hurdle, THREE asterisks at the start of the thread title and FOUR asterisks at the end.

Were loose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't believe that the VBookie has England down as 10/11 favourites. Costa Rica who have dispatched Uruguay and Italy are deemed to be unlikely to muller an England team of kids and old timers and are nearly 4/1 ?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Apparently, it's not smallings strength when he has the ball at his feet........ You can't make it up....lool

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here