Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] BST Festival- Hyde Park

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Anyone going to this? I'm going next Friday mainly to see Soundgarden, but Faith No More and Black Sabbath should be decent as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An excellent line-up, I finally get to see Sabbath before they pack it in. To have Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead and Soulfly too is just ridiculous, it promises to be a great day. Gallows at the Green Door the night before as a warm up too, a noisy couple of days.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
An excellent line-up, I finally get to see Sabbath before they pack it in. To have Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead and Soulfly too is just ridiculous, it promises to be a great day. Gallows at the Green Door the night before as a warm up too, a noisy couple of days.

Can't say I'm a huge Sabbath fan but will be interested to see them. Two weekends in a row of awesome music for me as I'm off to see Pearl Jam the Friday after next.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sabbath are done of the bands I grew up listening too but never actually got to see, apparently they are on fine form judging by reports of recent dates. I haven't seen Soundgarden since they played the Astoria on the Louder than Love Tour, and I wasn't aware that FNM were still around one of my have live bands of all time. Can't wait to see Motorhead and whether Lemmy is still ok,simply one of the finest British rock and roll bands to ever hit a stage. Really excited for this one.

Enjoy Pearl Jam the week before, also on my list of bands I've missed so far but can't make that show either, should be a good one.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Sabbath are done of the bands I grew up listening too but never actually got to see, apparently they are on fine form judging by reports of recent dates. I haven't seen Soundgarden since they played the Astoria on the Louder than Love Tour, and I wasn't aware that FNM were still around one of my have live bands of all time. Can't wait to see Motorhead and whether Lemmy is still ok,simply one of the finest British rock and roll bands to ever hit a stage. Really excited for this one.

Enjoy Pearl Jam the week before, also on my list of bands I've missed so far but can't make that show either, should be a good one.

I think FNM only recently got back together and started touring again- hopefully Mike Patton's voice is still as good as it used to be!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have you been to the Milton Keynes Bowl before? I've heard that the sound can be a bit crap when it gets windy which is a bit worrying....

Can't wait to see PJ though.

Nope. Seen PJ at Wembley Arena, Reading, Hyde Park and Arras. Think I'm going to drive to MK but no idea on the sound quality. At least you don't have far to go, the M25 could be a mare on a Friday evening.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Nope. Seen PJ at Wembley Arena, Reading, Hyde Park and Arras. Think I'm going to drive to MK but no idea on the sound quality. At least you don't have far to go, the M25 could be a mare on a Friday evening.

This will be my first time seeing them. Used to like them when I was younger but wasn't a huge fan until I started listening to them more over the past 3 or 4 years. Can't wait!

Don't envy you that journey, will be 30 mins on the train for me.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

What did you think then [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]? Loved it myself, although the legs were sore after 3 and a half hours!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What did you think then [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]? Loved it myself, although the legs were sore after 3 and a half hours!

Fantastic! But missed the first 35 minutes as it took 4 1/2 hours to get there! Met another Albion fan on the M1 on the way back (anyone on here?) who'd taken 5 hours to get there from Portsmouth too!

The only thing that let it down a bit was the crowd. We were just in front of the control desk thing in the middle, so fairly well forward, and everyone was static. My friend brushed against someone's elbow whilst we were dancing around to Betterman and the guy was really pissed off!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Fantastic! But missed the first 35 minutes as it took 4 1/2 hours to get there! Met another Albion fan on the M1 on the way back (anyone on here?) who'd taken 5 hours to get there from Portsmouth too!

The only thing that let it down a bit was the crowd. We were just in front of the control desk thing in the middle, so fairly well forward, and everyone was static. My friend brushed against someone's elbow whilst we were dancing around to Betterman and the guy was really pissed off!

That's crap! Did you miss Hail Hail and Brain of J?

The crowd was a bit strange. I must have been quite near where you were. We moved closer to the edge after the first encore and there was more movement there which was weird!

Brilliant gig though, Crown of Thorns and Daughter were highlights for me, and Eddie's banter/interaction with the crowd was brilliant.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep missed those. Was so glad to see Daughter though as it's the fifth time I've seen them and they hadn't played it before.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at Hyde Park yesterday. They were brilliant throughout. Loved the 15 minute encore of down by the river No Billy Talbot on bass due to illness but a perfect replacement in Rick Rosas who has worked with Neil Young for years. The sound seemed okay as far as I could tell. I thought The Nationals sound wasn't that fantastic though? Don't know if too loud or poor mixing?

The National were a decent support. Not a huge fan of theirs but they are quite listenable. Tom Odell? Tom Odull more like. Doesn't sail my boat I'm afraid.

As mentioned on another thread, at a big festival, especially so at Hyde Park, you have to tolerate certain filler acts, not to mention a fair few pissed up idiots plus young girls who seem more interested in chit chatting through the gig and tweeting selfies of themselves. In fairness yesterday wasn't too bad for idiots, but I've heard from friends the Libertines gig the week before was a shite experience. Ideally why I prefer seeing somebody such as Neil Young in a medium sized venue rather than huge stadium or field. Would much rather seen him at Liverpool tonight, but due to other 'stuff' that was never going to be possible. At a smaller venue, you don't have to endure the filler all afternoon just to ensure a decent vantage point rather than being halfway to Watford as some people appeared to be last night.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Also went to Neill Young with my son yesterday. He was also at the Libertines and would have agreed that it was carnage. Anyway thought Tom Odell was quite good and one to watch as he is only twenty one and was doing open mic in Brighton less than two years ago so some jump.
Neil was good but to start with a twenty minute guitar fest was propabably not ideal for a festival act but that is him and Crazy Horse. The new song that he sung about saving the world still shows that he has something to say. A great gig but not a classic. Sense though with the new song there might be an album of the tour. Also noticed he has just cancelled the Tel Aviv gig on Thursday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here