Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yaya Toure. Piece of work.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
It's an awkward situation. He's grieving and maybe not in the right state of mind to be doing interviews. He didn't mention Ivory Coast not letting him turn up a few days late. Perhaps a few days after your brother has died isn't the best time to be talking to France Football.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
one would give him the benefit of the doubt if it wasnt coming after the faux racism claims and cakegate. why doesn't he just do the decent thing and request a transfer?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ever thought that he might actually be telling the truth about this ?

Perhaps this was the reason he made the (fairly silly) dig at City about his birthday and wanted to leave - starts to make sense now. Saying he is using his dead brother as an "excuse" is a bit silly as there isnt any proof for that at all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
then he wouldn't get a chunk of the transfer as a loyalty bonus

oh, i understand that. that's why i say do the decent thing. its why i don't really believe him, because if my employer had behaved like that i'd be off at the first opportunity if not before, and he has plenty of opportunity.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Perhaps this was the reason he made the (fairly silly) dig at City about his birthday and wanted to leave - starts to make sense now. Saying he is using his dead brother as an "excuse" is a bit silly as there isnt any proof for that at all.

No ......

He is a world star with an ego to boot, he has the power without sanction to go and do whatever he feels fit at anytime including to see his brother, he is a powerhouse of a celebrity with an entourage and legal team to match.

Of course this shouldn't diminish his sadness and his grief, but he isnt a shrinking violet.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

If this was the case, why wouldn't he just come out to the press and say that City weren't allowing him time with his ill brother and that's why he wants to leave, rather than saying the pathetic birthday shit that made him look a complete idiot?

He didn't HAVE to go to the World Cup. If he is being treated so badly by City and wants to leave, why didn't he just refuse to travel to Dubai, considering he would have nothing to lose except a wedge of cash that he could earn back from a signing on fee elsewhere? You can't exactly force someone onto a plane against their will..

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If Manchester City turned round and said that a player couldn't skip an end-of-season tour to spend time with their dying brother, I will eat my hat.

But at the same time, why would he lie about something like that? That's the sort of thing that can/will get him taken to court if not true.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Can't see "excuse" in my original post. No I don't think he's actually telling the truth, but it's up for debate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do you get inside the head of a guy who earns around 200k a week and is idolised wherever he goes? He is not living in the real world, maybe petty perceived slights really get to him. I have no idea but I imagine losing a brother would feck you up for a while anyway.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
If my brother was dying (I don't actually have one) and my employer said I couldn't go and see him. I wouldn't hesitate to go and see him and deal with the employer afterwards - what sane person would NOT go?!

Doesn't he know how to use a phone and book a flight himself?!

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
If this was the case, why wouldn't he just come out to the press and say that City weren't allowing him time with his ill brother and that's why he wants to leave, rather than saying the pathetic birthday shit that made him look a complete idiot?

He didn't HAVE to go to the World Cup. If he is being treated so badly by City and wants to leave, why didn't he just refuse to travel to Dubai, considering he would have nothing to lose except a wedge of cash that he could earn back from a signing on fee elsewhere? You can't exactly force someone onto a plane against their will..

Tell that to Mr T...

Dec 29, 2011
City's owners have enough money to put him on the bench in the reserves for the rest of his contract and not give a shit about it. That'd make the rest of the players think twice before acting out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here