Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship signing so far?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So has anything of note happened in our division re players signing for the competition?

Have other clubs released as many players as us and only signed one so far?

Be good to know if any other clubs are down to the bare bones and don't have enough players (QPR, obviously, but not in our division) :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of QPR, they've acted quickly to plug holes in their ageing defence by picking up the little-known and no doubt low-waged youngster, Rio Ferdinand.

Never saw THAT coming, but I'm sure his salary will fit right in with QPR's sensible wage structure. Now. What day will they announce Lampard & Crouch?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Of course, every other team in the Championship has a squad full of talent which will see them steam into the Premier League, don't you know anything?

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
I see John Arne Riise has been released by Fulham an old pal of Mr Hyypia, could do a job at left back!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am really looking forward to our summer signing's .
This is the end of Tony Blooms five year plan from taking over the club. He stated he wanted to be in the championship in our first season at the Amex, which was achieved.
The last two season's, he wanted play off position finishes, which was achieved.
He stated in his five year plan that he wanted to be in the Premiership at the end of the five years.
We have had Paul Barber telling everyone that we are Premier League ready for the last year and that we have the stadium, management, coaches and backroom staff to be Premier ready. Now we have the training ground in place, so the final piece of the jigsaw is a team capable of getting us there this year to fulfil Tony's five year plan..
So we should see some great signings this season to make it happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am really looking forward to our summer signing's .
This is the end of Tony Blooms five year plan from taking over the club. He stated he wanted to be in the championship in our first season at the Amex, which was achieved.
The last two season's, he wanted play off position finishes, which was achieved.
He stated in his five year plan that he wanted to be in the Premiership at the end of the five years.
We have had Paul Barber telling everyone that we are Premier League ready for the last year and that we have the stadium, management, coaches and backroom staff to be Premier ready. Now we have the training ground in place, so the final piece of the jigsaw is a team capable of getting us there this year to fulfil Tony's five year plan..
So we should see some great signings this season to make it happen.

I would love you to be right but I am not expecting any marquee signings or ones that make the fans go "Wow" . CMS, Vicente, Bridge type signings

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Speaking of QPR, they've acted quickly to plug holes in their ageing defence by picking up the little-known and no doubt low-waged youngster, Rio Ferdinand.

Never saw THAT coming, but I'm sure his salary will fit right in with QPR's sensible wage structure. Now. What day will they announce Lampard & Crouch?
Maybe Harry can get a shirt smuggled for Frank to wear under his shirt and dramatically reveal should he happen to deflect a shot in tonight, a dramatic reveal and undermining the current England set-up both at the same time :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can anyone source me a quote of Bloom stating that there is a 5 year plan? This nonsence gets trotted out all the time, as far as I'm aware he has said no such thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here