Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying cat problems...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
my cat, the same one that licks rocks, will sit on a fence poll and if she sees anyone in the house or garden she meows so loudly that you can hear the annoying meow that comes out of her mouth echo through the entire street, she will continue to do this until she realises she can get off the fence poll, WHY???, it doesn't matter what time it is, she will Meow until she is off the fence poll, which is thin so it is hard to take a precariously balanced cat off of it, why does my cat meow so loudly, is there anything I can do so that she can be a little bit quieter so that at least the rest of the street don't have to hear her Meeeeeeooooooowwws FFS!...

She'll also do that inside the house when she wants to go out, no matter what time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
My cat just wakes me up at silly o'clock because he wants to go out/come in :rant:

EDIT: There is no known cure for this.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
My cat just wakes me up at silly o'clock because he wants to go out/come in :rant:

EDIT: There is no known cure for this.

9skwj.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
We have a 3 month old kitten who is a massive fan of sprinting all round the house and treating everything as one of his toys...normally, not a problem, but as we've now got a 16 day old baby in the house as well I spend half my time on edge that the fluffy cyclone will do something bad (though the chances are fairly slim really).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Please put bells on your cats they wiping the bird life out in my Garden I will have to change my name to cat man!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I googled "arris poll" and got this

harris_poll.png

Funny thing to have in your garden. Perhaps the cat doesn't liked being asked questions about who she will vote for at the next election and does she prefer Whiskas to Felix.

Perhaps she can't answer the questions because she prefers to sit on the fence.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I googled "arris poll" and got this

harris_poll.png

Funny thing to have in your garden. Perhaps the cat doesn't liked being asked questions about who she will vote for at the next election and does she prefer Whiskas to Felix.

Now look up Arris rail.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my cat, the same one that licks rocks, will sit on a fence poll and if she sees anyone in the house or garden she meows so loudly that you can hear the annoying meow that comes out of her mouth echo through the entire street, she will continue to do this until she realises she can get off the fence poll, WHY???, it doesn't matter what time it is, she will Meow until she is off the fence poll, which is thin so it is hard to take a precariously balanced cat off of it, why does my cat meow so loudly, is there anything I can do so that she can be a little bit quieter so that at least the rest of the street don't have to hear her Meeeeeeooooooowwws FFS!...

She'll also do that inside the house when she wants to go out, no matter what time.

could be many things
she sounds like she has taken control and lets you know when she wants something
she might have had some sort of trauma in her life such as, being taken from her mother to soon
she might just have a very loud meow, some do but its mostly the males
or she has a mental condition, animals suffer from mental problems as well as humans
god you have it easy you would have loved our "Kizzy" now she was mental, hated every living thing.
this last option is my preferred one, and as long as she is doing no one any harm .......enjoy it and laugh

you might try RESCUE REMEDY a little in her water or on her ear tips a few times a day ......might just smooth her out a little

and if you think she is in pain then take her to the vet
ta-ta

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We had a couple of cats that made it to 20 years old, there was quite a bit of meowing late on in their lives. The Vet said that cats get a similar condition to senility, which may have explained the strange behaviour (meowing, staring at walls) in their last couple of years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here