Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Must See TV this Evening

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
BBC1 this evening at 10:35, when Andy won Wimbledon. Recreating that memorable and incredible Sunday afternoon 12 months ago when Murray ended 80 years of British tennis hurt.

Perfect way to banish the World Cup blues.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
My neighbours were in their garden watching the TV and yelling "Come on, England!!", without any irony. :wrong:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Would rather eat my own sh1t than look at that miserable to$$er.

Does anyone do this and, if they do, does it make a difference to the taste if you eat different things beforehand? I assume it does but I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur - I struggle identifying anything other than Harvey's in someone else's 'morning after' farts.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Must see TV tonight was Police under pressure.
So angry that I can't sleep.
An in depth behind the scenes programme about cuts to the police force and how It effects front line policing.
Truly disgusting that we cannot protect the general public in a right and proper way.
And a further £32 million to be cut over the next 4 years.
I really hate this tory led coalition. But the rich just get richer.
Tonight I felt really sorry for the rozzers trying to do their job in such difficult circumstances.
Dont reply with crime figures unless you saw the programme.
Truly shameful.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was given the heads up on 'a cabbie abroad' on bbc 2.

Brilliant stuff.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was given the heads up on 'a cabbie abroad' on bbc 2.

Brilliant stuff.
Very moving programme , when I went to Vietnam a small group of us went out for night with a Local family turned out to be our guides house his story was very sad but he getting on with life and his happy family made us most welcome and we learnt more about the country in that evening. Made me resize how lucky we are in this country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah yes Wimbledon. Two weeks of the year when people who otherwise have no interest in, or knowledge of, sport whatsoever suddenly become experts, and bore the rest of us rigid with their constant tennis talk. 'Come on Andy !'. No, just fornicate off. Fair play to Murray for winning of course, it's not the players that p*ss me off it's the hordes of upper-middle class 'fans' that crawl out of the woodwork.

:tantrum:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Intellectuals don't have TV sets.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Must see TV tonight was Police under pressure.
So angry that I can't sleep.
An in depth behind the scenes programme about cuts to the police force and how It effects front line policing.
Truly disgusting that we cannot protect the general public in a right and proper way.
And a further £32 million to be cut over the next 4 years.
I really hate this tory led coalition. But the rich just get richer.
Tonight I felt really sorry for the rozzers trying to do their job in such difficult circumstances.
Dont reply with crime figures unless you saw the programme.
Truly shameful.

It doesn't help with every Tom , Dick and Harry suing the police now , ok they make mistakes then sack the culprit or culprits , don't allow society to have this suing mentality every time the police don't mention something or a policeman forgot to do this or do that , after all believe it or not police are only human and human error always occurs whatever procedures/health and safety in place . The courts don't help either , makes me sick !

A case just the other day where a policeman comes back from the Tsunami and was not given the appropriate advice/help by the police service on his return , said he can't work because of it and is traumatised , yes it was a horrible event but aren't they trained for this and seeing people dead ? I am sure the Asian police saw a lot more and were given no after event help . He got £400k plus , it doesn't help one bit . I just hope the police do not have to give compensation to the Liverpool lot after Hillsborough .

Also how much have the police spent on the McCann case in Portugal What a waste of police resources when they are stretched enough in this country .

Rant over !

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was the Englishman in the crowd cheering for Djokovic

What, because you fell for the media misconception that he dislikes England?

Shame you missed out on the joy of that day. Bloody brilliant sporting moment.

Also the misconception he is "miserable" is bizarre. One he is actually quite funny in a lot of interviews/tv shows he's been on and mocks his monotone voice.

Secondly I wouldn't even care if he WAS miserable. He won something. How that can't be universally enjoyed I'll never know. He's a tennis player, not a tv presenter.

Polite rant done.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking of tv tonight, I am looking forward to the England game - because whilst it's on, I will be taking advantage of what is hopefully an emptier than usual train home, thereby commandeering a SEAT for myself.

Win.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
I'd rather wake up to find my head stapled to the carpet. I've lost all enthusiasm for my own country playing football without watching some miserable **** playing tennis.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
What, because you fell for the media misconception that he dislikes England?

Shame you missed out on the joy of that day. Bloody brilliant sporting moment.

Also the misconception he is "miserable" is bizarre. One he is actually quite funny in a lot of interviews/tv shows he's been on and mocks his monotone voice.

Secondly I wouldn't even care if he WAS miserable. He won something. How that can't be universally enjoyed I'll never know. He's a tennis player, not a tv presenter.

Polite rant done.

It was a light-hearted reference to the 'Scot in the crowd' at the recent England v Uruguay match.

I didn't mention anything about his abject misery or his lack of humour. But now you mention it....I once met him and he was depressingly dull and detached. I also found his manner to be brusque, borderline rude. Do I have to like him because he won a sports title?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here