Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I wonder if our new Manager is taking notes ????? :D

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Dispatches is normally pretty dreadful - must be the most underfunded documentary series in mainstream TV. Level of detail and editorial rigour is usually dire. Though I didn't watch tonight's one.

Surprised there isn't more reaction to this. Sounds like fixing is a major problem, maybe not at the top level but certainly lower down and things like meaningless under 18 friendlies between small countries.

But why anyone would bet on XYZ under 18's v ABC under 18¨s with no TV or no supporters, is completely beyond me, unless they were in on the scam. Are people attracted by long odds only, without knowing anything about what they are betting on?

If so, I'll give you 50 to 1 that the coin I am about to toss doesn't come down heads.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I never saw the programme last night. However, compared to years ago when bookmakers fixed odds coupons were restricted to The English and Scottish Football Leagues and the minimum bet you could place was a treble, the betting possibilities are now much more widespread. You could probably get odds for a seagull landing on the North Stand crossbar between the 15th and 30th minute if you asked around! The matches you can bet on are from just about every league in the World. If there's a game being played in the Bulgarian Division Six Sunday under 21's League, the online bookmakers will be taking bets. The lower down the levels you go, the chances of finding players that are corruptible is obviously much higher than those pro's who are in the public limelight all the time. Bookmakers monitoring centre's have to be on their toes these days, watching out for unusual spikes in patterns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here