• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Poll to follow....

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting mix - definition of Rock N Roll being stretched a bit here :lolol: Have to admire the Stones for their longevity and providing the two guitarist, swaggering frontman , quintet template but Morrisey's faux miserablism plus Marr's understated guitar work gets the nod from me (although I hated them when they were in their prime, such a silly boy)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's only one R&R band in the list !

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Clearly, I am going to vote for The Smiths. Should I hang around and throw a glib insult at Coldplay? No, what's the point - I'm genuinely convinced that they are pleasant people and that's got to count for something. The Rolling Stones - hung around too long, I'm afraid, eating up all of their goodwill. Bee Gees: are they rock and roll? I don't mind them. My mum was a big fan in the early 80s. Gran too.

I have gone for the Stones, however I do think the Bee Gee's are a little overlooked. They wrote some great stuff - "To Love Somebody" (allegely intended for Otis Redding) being an example.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I have gone for the Stones, however I do think the Bee Gee's are a little overlooked. They wrote some great stuff - "To Love Somebody" (allegely intended for Otis Redding) being an example.

The Bee Gees are the best band in that group by far but not what I'd call Rock n Roll.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love NSC's diverse opinions. For me the Smiths are whingers, the Bee Gees are top quality MOR Pop music, Coldplay are pretty good but the Stones are head and shoulders above the others purely for their output until Some Girls and the fact that they made arguably the greatest ever Rock album - Exile on Main Street.

Interesting that all 4 bands have now been championed on this thread :smile:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
gone for the Bee Gees

RS not my thing,the other two less said the better

Stranglers???

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Nina Simone absolutely NAILED that song

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit of a meh group for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Stones.

What the hell are Coldplay doing in a poll for great bands :ffsparr:

Yeah, Coldplay have never done anything have they? I imagine they've only sold a dozen or so albums and never sell any concert tickets.

I've voted for The Smiths, I quite like Coldplay (mainly the early stuff), I'm not a fan of The Bee Gees and The Stones have never done anything for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here