Votes: 26 22.8%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 50 43.9%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another high calbire group, no easy games in this group.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Much as I'd like to give it to Joy Division, I couldn't see past the innovation of the Floyd :thumbsup:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Radiohead: pretty good, innovative, risk-taking, some great tunes. U2: not really my thing. Joy Division: have the advantage of being struck down in their prime, fantastic band. Pink Floyd: never really understood the adoration, although there are some nice moments. Joy Division take it for me...

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I think this is a slightly weaker group and don't have a strong feeling about any of these but own more Floyd material than the others so they have to be the choice

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pink Floyd for me, special mention for Joy Division though.

U2 are up their own arses.
Radiohead is dreary pretentious nonsense IMHO.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gone Radiohead but can it just be early Radiohead please!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm a big admirer of prog rock. Genesis is my favourite band in that genre, but Pink Floyd are similar in style, perhaps even more rock-ish - so yeah, I've gone PF.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Beginning to fear The Clash, Ramones and Pixies may not be represented in this competition.

Easily Joy Division for me in this group.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a horribly strong group compared to the first 2.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gone Radiohead but can it just be early Radiohead please!

I'm the exact opposite. I only like the stuff from OK computer onwards. In Rainbows is a stunning album.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pink Floyd for me, special mention for Joy Division though.

U2 are up their own arses.
Radiohead is dreary pretentious nonsense IMHO.

Sorry, Radiohead are pretentious yet Pink "5 hour triple disc set of guitar solos in an epic concept album" Floyd aren't?! Pink Floyd are the kings of overblown pretentious Prog rock.

Like all 4 bands in this group, although only U2s weird period.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sorry, Radiohead are pretentious yet Pink "5 hour triple disc set of guitar solos in an epic concept album" Floyd aren't?! Pink Floyd are the kings of overblown pretentious Prog rock.

Oh I agree Pink Floyd are pretentious, but I like their variety of songs and am happy to listen to a lot of albums many times over. I just find Radiohead are incredibly dreary, they seem to try and "break the mould" but end up producing the same whiny sound.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, Radiohead are pretentious yet Pink "5 hour triple disc set of guitar solos in an epic concept album" Floyd aren't?! Pink Floyd are the kings of overblown pretentious Prog rock. .

But the were the INNOVATORS of Prog Rock and to have turned themselves around after Syd who wrote everything to produce such unpretentious albums such as Dark Side and Wish You Were Here is pretty damned impressive. Albums that still sound relevant I believe too. If you want proper pretentious go listen to Yes or Rick Wakeman.

Looks like a Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Stones, Who semi with the Who walking it and the final because NSC is the home of Who worshippers (lickers) :smile:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here