Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here own a smartwatch such as a Pebble?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If so, how do highly do you rate it?

Thanks!

Itman-dan

Jul 19, 2011
I have the Samsung gear 2 neo watch. It is really helpful and I didn't think I would say at first. I can text from it and make and receive calls. Best bit I can load music onto it and play it via bluetooth headphones. Sadly only works with Samsung products.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I have a Pebble.

I like it, but I use it to hook up to Runtastic 99% of the time as a basic running watch. I sometimes were it out and about and it tells the time fine! Battery lasts about 5-6 days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks for the answers so far. Like Martyn I want to see what Apple bring to the market. I work in a place where we aren't allowed phones and getting notifications, plus alerts as to where I am meant to be, would be handy. The Pebble watch seems to be all I need except the Pebble Steel (the one that looks like a 'normal' phone is about £250...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for the answers so far. Like Martyn I want to see what Apple bring to the market. I work in a place where we aren't allowed phones and getting notifications, plus alerts as to where I am meant to be, would be handy.

methinks Apple is trying to come up with something which is novel with the smart watch that hasnt already been done, and drawing a blank. there's not really alot you can do with the form factor before you end up with a iphone+wrist strap. and if you need notifications, you'll still need the phone nearby, i dont think anyone is offering one with a SIM chip... and if it did you'd probably not be allowed it?? :lolol:

Itman-dan

Jul 19, 2011
methinks Apple is trying to come up with something which is novel with the smart watch that hasnt already been done, and drawing a blank. there's not really alot you can do with the form factor before you end up with a iphone+wrist strap. and if you need notifications, you'll still need the phone nearby, i dont think anyone is offering one with a SIM chip... and if it did you'd probably not be allowed it?? :lolol:

Samsung are rumoured to be releasing a stand alone watch with SIM capability this year possible around the same time as the iPhone release date. Nothing concrete just rumours and patients filed. Interesting to see that Google glass has finally made its way over this side of the pond for a cool £1000 ouch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here