Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fargo season 1 over.. how do you feel?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
I was hooked from episode 1. Billy Bob Thornton was ACES as they say, with a quiet menace.

I didn't rate Martin Freeman much, until later on, showing his nasty side.

The finale was rather mundane, imo. As if they writers had run out of ideas? All just too convenient.

Last edited:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Yep it was very good. BBT was excellent, I thought Martin Freeman was brilliant too, even though I'm not keen on the bloke. Do agree with you about the ending though, could have had a bit more to it........overall though, very enjoyable.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Funny thing with Fargo is I can imagine it being something you either love or hate. For all the people I know who love the film I know just as many who hated it. Personally I thought it was the best thing on TV in ages. So well cast, Billy Bob Thornton was awesome. I don't know how they'll follow it up with a second series, but maybe they should do a spin off just centering on Deputy Molly Solverson (Allison Tolman), who I thought was an intersting character and brilliantly played.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really enjoyed it.

Like everybody else I thought BBT was brilliant.
I thought the whole cast was very good and well played.

A special mention for Hess' sons they made me properly laugh out loud.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Thought it was a cracking series. BBT was immense in that role. Almost a shame he was killed off. Thought MF's performance got better and better but that might be just me accepting his accent as it went along

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Did enjoy it overall but thought ending didn't have the same punch as the previous episodes. Only found out towards the end that the guy who kills Malvo, the ex-cop is Tom Hanks' son!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hard to see how you'd get a citation for more or less executing someone. I'd have thought a murder charge was more likely. But hey, it was great - as if David Lynch had decided to have a go at a Coens pastiche. Malvo was a superb character.

I read somewhere that none of the same characters will be in series two, but I presume that, somewhere along the line, there'll be at least one crossover (like the findng of the money from the movie in series one).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Loved it. Was a little disappointed by the ending seemed a bit of an anti-climax to me but the series in general was superb.

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
Malvo was a great character - anyone pick up on the suggestion he was the devil
Reference to best apples he had tasted since the garden of eden
Scene where the blood on the wall resembled angels wings behind him
Mysterious vanishing act in the basement
His ability to go unnoticed when he should have been caught and his ability to mesmerise people with his stare
His request to make people ask him to carry out acts on their behalf

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm being really dim, but what was the meaning behind the glove/railway metaphor?

I just can't quite get my head round it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Malvo was a great character - anyone pick up on the suggestion he was the devil
Reference to best apples he had tasted since the garden of eden
Scene where the blood on the wall resembled angels wings behind him
Mysterious vanishing act in the basement
His ability to go unnoticed when he should have been caught and his ability to mesmerise people with his stare
His request to make people ask him to carry out acts on their behalf

Yep that is what was churning through my old noggin...

I thought it was superb and every character was played well even the forlorn police chief who just wanted to shovel snow off peoples drive ways.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Oh yeah, I'm sure I'm being really dim, but what was the meaning behind the glove/railway metaphor?

I just can't quite get my head round it.

Possibly, although I'm not sure myself, it could be that he lost his first wife/glove by his own actions, and then he gave up his second wife/glove to Malvo, so that Malvo could have (the blame for) the pair.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here