Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club shop is closed today for a few days

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Possibly old news. But the club have just tweeted it's closed from yesterday for "refurbishments", in case anybody had reason to head down.

Presumably Nike-ification?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Website says closed Monday & Tuesday, open 12-4 Wednesday to Saturday. At least I think that's how it reads. Not worded all that logically.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It was already half empty when I went a few weeks ago, looks like a big revamp and restock.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
There'll be giant rotating Nike tick hanging from the ceiling and a dj in the corner pumping out hard house music by Friday whilst robotic mannequins air kick and celebrate goals in the new kit. All this with will happen in a haze of a smoke machine produced cloud mixed with Nikes new sports fragrance.

Despite it being five years I've never quite managed to shake off my one and only Abercrombie and Fitch 'experience'.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Stoke Take/audit - Guarantee there will be lots of ticks.

I always knew there was a criminal fraternity among the Potteries incumbents.

It explains the shortage of XXXl sizes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There'll be giant rotating Nike tick hanging from the ceiling and a dj in the corner pumping out hard house music by Friday whilst robotic mannequins air kick and celebrate goals in the new kit. All this with will happen in a haze of a smoke machine produced cloud mixed with Nikes new sports fragrance.

Despite it being five years I've never quite managed to shake off my one and only Abercrombie and Fitch 'experience'.

Sounds good to me. I had a similar A&F experience in New York. It was like going into a very crowded club with lots of scantily clad boys and girls posing around. Not particularly conducive to a quiet shop!!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
We all know what the shop manager will tell the staff if they object to what they're told...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Website says closed Monday & Tuesday, open 12-4 Wednesday to Saturday. At least I think that's how it reads. Not worded all that logically.

It reads to me like the main superstore is closed for the foreseeable, but from Wednesday, the mobile jobbie opposite will be open from 12-4.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It reads to me like the main superstore is closed for the foreseeable, but from Wednesday, the mobile jobbie opposite will be open from 12-4.

Same here.

It will be nike-ification of the store though. Paul Barber said in a programme a few months ago that Nike were assisting the club in refurbishing the store, something like that anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Nike-fication, surely? Seeing as it's been confirmed that 'Nike' rhymes with 'spikey.'

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It will also take in the changes to the ticket office I guess which is going to have a separate entrance rather than have the queue filling up the shop

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Talking of Nike, can we expect the new kit to be launched at the same time as the Nike training ground? Seems to have gone quite with the naming.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds good to me. I had a similar A&F experience in New York. It was like going into a very crowded club with lots of scantily clad boys and girls posing around. Not particularly conducive to a quiet shop!!

Continuing that theme, will the refurbished shop be in almost complete darkness too, do we think?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here