Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunglass wearing

franks brother

As it appears we are once again to be blessed with the occasional sunny day here in grey old Blighty, and as I presently don`t have any (another story), was wondering what you guys have chosen to protect your precious peepers when driving or walking . Looking for a reasonable quality polarised (polarized?) pair up to a max of around £40 - £50. The market`s flooded with a bewildering variety of brands, so any user recommendations gratefully acknowledged!:cool:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403514988.804421.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the reminder, by the way. I'd forgotten I need to go and pick up my new bins from the optician :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As it appears we are once again to be blessed with the occasional sunny day here in grey old Blighty, and as I presently don`t have any (another story), was wondering what you guys have chosen to protect your precious peepers when driving or walking . Looking for a reasonable quality polarised (polarized?) pair up to a max of around £40 - £50. The market`s flooded with a bewildering variety of brands, so any user recommendations gratefully acknowledged!:cool:

I've never got on with sunglasses at all ... have never found any that are comfortable. But on a recent trip away my mate suggested I try his and they are brilliant. They cut out all the glare but most importantly (for me) they are so light you wouldn't know you had them on.

Over your price range but after a bit of hunting around online I got them for £107. You should consider them

http://www.mauijim.com/shop/en/us/banyans-universal-fit

Banyans.jpg

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've never got on with sunglasses at all ... have never found any that are comfortable. But on a recent trip away my mate suggested I try his and they are brilliant. They cut out all the glare but most importantly (for me) they are so light you wouldn't know you had them on.

Over your price range but after a bit of hunting around online I got them for £107. You should consider them

http://www.mauijim.com/shop/en/us/banyans-universal-fit

View attachment 55329

I had a pair of Mauijim's as well, great sunglasses and had them for 3 years before they got stolen :angry:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Something to bear in mind is the lens tinting categories (i.e.: 0-4). 4 being the darkest. I know that when I lived in France it was illegal to wear a category 4 for driving. I don't know if this applies in the UK, perhaps Edna can help?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who cares about protecting your eyes, I thought the main purpose of sunglasses was to be able to watch fit birds undetected?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Unless you have blue eyes or are out in direct sun for long periods there's no real need to wear any. Just another way for manufacturers to take your money.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I saw someone on Saturday wearing sunglasses upside down on the back of his head - ie a 180 degree flip. He didn't seem at all unhappy with this look, but it seemed precarious to me - I guess you need the right-shaped head.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Unless you have blue eyes or are out in direct sun for long periods there's no real need to wear any. Just another way for manufacturers to take your money.

I have blue eyes but to cross reference this with the hay fever thread, if I don't wear sunglasses, my eyes stream so that I'm practically blinded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ray-bans

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here