Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-season Training

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Is it today that the players report back? Only two weeks to the Lewes match but no fanfare about the training ground etc.

Kaz tweeted JFC yesterday that he couldnt wait to see him and was excited about pre-season but all seems quiet on more formal news sites.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Is it today that the players report back? Only two weeks to the Lewes match but no fanfare about the training ground etc.

Kaz tweeted JFC yesterday that he couldnt wait to see him and was excited about pre-season but all seems quiet on more formal news sites.

they report back on thursday

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Despite the knowledge that they'll be worked to the bone for the next few weeks, there must be so much excitement from the players about it, after years of using the university.

Will there be a Lancing local celebrity officially opening the new training facility? :D

And are there actually any celebrities in Lancing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some players are already in training (ex Albion) as shown on Twitter yesterday by Stretch ( who has started his own business), with Tommy Elphick & Matt Sparrow working hard.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had no idea the players were back this week, by the way. Seems nuts, with there still being wall to wall football on TV. But I suppose it's pretty standard dates.

Presume we can expect some kind of official news & opening, hopefully with photos, this week. And KIT!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Despite the knowledge that they'll be worked to the bone for the next few weeks, there must be so much excitement from the players about it, after years of using the university.

Will there be a Lancing local celebrity officially opening the new training facility? :D

Quite a few went to Lancing College if that counts? Including such heavyweights as Tim Rice and Jamie Theakston... http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-l...OjSw.0&utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

I believe the official opening of the training ground is next Monday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice one. Though I think asking Evelyn Waugh to open the new facility would be hampered significantly by the fact he died in 1966.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am happy to take the 5 minute walk down there from my abode and spy intently if the need arises #justsaying

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had no idea the players were back this week, by the way. Seems nuts, with there still being wall to wall football on TV. But I suppose it's pretty standard dates.

Presume we can expect some kind of official news & opening, hopefully with photos, this week. And KIT!
They usually spend the first week or two doing fitness, health and weight assessments before firing into the real heavy work..... so I would expect this early excitement we are seeing to wane very quickly once Hyppia gets them slogging up and down Lancing Manor.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
With the squad being back this week, makes the need for new signings even more key since it would nice if they had time to work on tactics etc with the rest. And some news about calde etc would be good. All very quiet.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

Had a look at the new facilities on the way back from the beach yesterday - very impressive. They've got an entry gate with a bloke in a box, it looks like GCHQ. Gorgeous buildings though with massive BHA emblems.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm pretty sure that Hyypia confirmed in his press conference that 'the Spanish guys have re-signed' (or something to that effect).

When? Where? Has anyone else heard this?
On a related point: with Kaz, is it the case that because we've taken the option on his extra year mean that he's our player for next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here