Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belgium vs Russia

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've got this down as a draw. Capello is master tactician. And it might be his last chance in the limelight.

PS: I might have even put Russia down for a win in vCash? Can't remember now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You reckon. Dullest group of the tournament so far. Really hope things change in their second games.

I've gone for the draw.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Interesting to hear how Belgium totally changed how they coach and develop young players over the last 8 years in order to develop and improve their national team, looks like it's paid off now...... Shame we won't ever do anything like that here.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
On Sky Bet, Belgium are at 2.2 to 1 to win, I know they didnt click in their first game, but surely they have the quality to win?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Lukaku looks a totally different player for Belgium, and not in a good way.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
There's been a few games that have been scoreless at half time and the had a cracking second half recently, let's hope the same applies with this one. Dull so far!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Interesting to hear how Belgium totally changed how they coach and develop young players over the last 8 years in order to develop and improve their national team, looks like it's paid off now...... Shame we won't ever do anything like that here.

Sorry, I'm confused. What have they achieved so far? Or more relevant, what promise do they offer?

Are they the youngest team at this tournament? Don't think so, seem to remember that honour goes to Ghana, and they look like a much more exciting side to watch, capable of taking big scalps on their day.

Belgium don't look all that to me. I think there's a lot of hype around them because of a few young 'star' players mixed in with the likes of well known faces such as Kompany & Fellaini. Wonder if all the hype around them is only in England because of where these players play their club football.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hazard should bring himself on at some point. I see a hallucination of the pert-buttocked dynamo losing the ball on each of his 7 occasions to look somewhere near it, but not the player himself with heart or any other organs.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Anyone listening to the alternative commentary? Aside from the Aussie bird this has been the best commentary I've heard in a long time!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone listening to the alternative commentary? Aside from the Aussie bird this has been the best commentary I've heard in a long time!

Where did you find it, on the red button?

I've looked for Naija proper commentary on Nigeria games but not been able to find any. If it's anything like Nollywood then it will be very loud and the pidgin would be music to my ears.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Where did you find it, on the red button?

I've looked for Naija proper commentary on Nigeria games but not been able to find any. If it's anything like Nollywood then it will be very loud and the pidgin would be music to my ears.

Red button, yeah. It's CBBC people but it appears to be aimed at adults just as much as kids. Think they peaked in the first 30 mins or so as the gags have died down.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Red button, yeah. It's CBBC people but it appears to be aimed at adults just as much as kids. Think they peaked in the first 30 mins or so as the gags have died down.

Oh dear, thanks for the pointer but that's woeful! An Aussie voice for a starters is never going to win me over, but the constant reading out of email messages is like the endlessly shite daytime radio where they keep reading out inane messages from 'social meadya'. :facepalm: Aside from that, a Chris Moyles type conversation between two people with nothing to say does nothing for me. But I suppose that's the point of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This game is crap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here