Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most unusual object you own?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
To start off i've got a megalodon tooth between 2 to 25 million years old, found in South Carolina.

We're gonna need a bigger boat

megalodon.jpeg

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A few rocks from the train track that runs from Auschwitz to Birkenau concentration camps

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well as wife has gone already i have to say myself,but half of me disagrees and we are about to have a row.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
somewhere I have a pebble that from a certain angle, under particular lighting, looks a bit like Steve Foster.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The GK nail that was used to repair my broken leg, it makes quite a useful pry bar on site.
I was presented with it in a polythene bag, all irradiated and cleaned up and then later I was presented with a bill for 10 quid for taking it.

I've got a first woirld war German fliers flying 'helmet' which I got from my maternal grandfather who 'got it' at the somme and I also have a sporan from the first world war from my paternal grandfather who was a sergeant in the Gordan Highlanders also at the battle of the Somme.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A bit of green metal from the Statue of Liberty, a bit of red metal from the Golden Gate Bridge, a bit of wallpaper from Anne Frank's bedroom. I was a kleptomaniac tourist back in my late teens.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
A 12ft Bull Whip. I got given it as a leaving present from one of the pubs I used to manage.

So was mine (although that's about the extent of my knowledge). My dad was in the GH too for a brief period of time.

They do have a regimental museum, I thought about donating the stuff at one stage but decided against it. Can't recal the details but it was still going a few yearrs ago. The museum will no doubt help if you want to know more info.

Edit, in fact it was the first results in a search as it happens.

http://www.gordonhighlanders.com/

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They do have a regimental museum, I thought about donating the stuff at one stage but decided against it. Can't recal the details but it was still going a few yearrs ago. The museum will no doubt help if you want to know more info.

Edit, in fact it was the first results in a search as it happens.

http://www.gordonhighlanders.com/

Thanks for that. I'll let my dad know. He's still got some of his uniform hanging up in his cupboard at home.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When i trapped a princely badger on one of my heartless nocturnal hunting trips, it traded its life for one of the famed diaries of its uncle, Sandranimus, written on the palm leaves he'd had shipped in from Southeast Asia. I agreed and was enrapt by a particular month in which the royally nervous nighttime creeper was caught in a closed-off sett and spent his time thinking and writing and imagining an outside world he was so meanly kept from. Sandranimus, with the aid of beastly winter showers whose drip the 8-foot thick ceiling wouldn't stop the dribble through of, used the dirt around him to invent and mould a family, all of them precisely 12 inches in height. This entire underworld town was his life, and those who forbade his edicts he would feast on as the others simply stillly watched on. I read of his solitude and the muddy statuettes that allowed him to converse and rule and mate with the most constructedly attractive, and wept with both admiration and envy. The diary came to an end on the verge of his escape from night full of floods and winds that would shake the earth, and i longed for more, catching each night umpteens of what seemed his breed, none of whom had heard of Sandranimus or the legend i'd had but a glimpse of. Of course this meant each of their demise, and i imagined myself to become a medusaic culling myth to the beasts of that ungainly knoll, but for all the cash i made for their pelts, and bladders for medicinal brews, it were nothing to the tales i'd hunt forever more 'til now for and never claim.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here