Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose 4 England?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Probably fixtures,i have scanned for 3 whole minutes btw :lolol:

But i'd be delighted one day to have him in the hot seat,knows our game and country inside out...

Please before i depart this planet may it happen.....

Jose Mourinho's barmy white army..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...urinho-admits-tempted-England-job-future.html

No i do not read the mail and scroll down the page and check out miss bum bum located in ( sports big hits) :cheers:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
article-2664700-1EFFFCD200000578-301_634x446.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Probably fixtures,i have scanned for 3 whole minutes btw :lolol:

But i'd be delighted one day to have him in the hot seat,knows our game and country inside out...

Please before i depart this planet may it happen.....

Jose Mourinho's barmy white army..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...urinho-admits-tempted-England-job-future.html

No i do not read the mail and scroll down the page and check out miss bum bum located in ( sports big hits) :cheers:

Chelsea were awfully defensive under Jose Mourinho last season and most of the England manager binfest has been complaining about our style being negative and lacking flair. Not disputing we would win an above average amount of games but probably with a 1-0 scoreline. TBH I still think it's more mindset than anything else, a cutting edge where you believe you will not be beaten, you can see other teams and they are confident, they actually believe it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Chelsea were awfully defensive under Jose Mourinho last season and most of the England manager binfest has been complaining about our style being negative and lacking flair. Not disputing we would win an above average amount of games but probably with a 1-0 scoreline. TBH I still think it's more mindset than anything else, a cutting edge where you believe you will not be beaten, you can see other teams and they are confident, they actually believe it.

I was hoping this point would get raised,to some degree i have taken this into consideration,but when a manager from overseas states an interest,and they are proven coupled with the fact the the key ingredient of the fact that they say that they love this country too...

He has passion,he would take no stick from the press,can you imagine the press conferences? be fantastic and we would be extremely hard to beat,even at penalties..

He would i am sure have us passing and trying to attack as the relative pressure would be off of him,at club level especially Chelsea it's all about sticking to a plan and limiting loss,i feel he would make us prosper..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jose's problem would be that he still has to work with the same poor players as Hodgson. Currently he only really has hands on with Cahil,Terry and latterly, Ashley Cole. He tends to buy top end players from overseas rather than build from within so he would be stuffed with the calibre of players he has to pick from. he didn't even rate Ashley Cole to do a job last season remember.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Jose's problem would be that he still has to work with the same poor players as Hodgson. Currently he only really has hands on with Cahil,Terry and latterly, Ashley Cole. He tends to buy top end players from overseas rather than build from within so he would be stuffed with the calibre of players he has to pick from. he didn't even rate Ashley Cole to do a job last season remember.

Is that dictated too him to some degree,perhaps your right,but i think he could overcome an awful lot if he could get the players to want to play for him..and as they would be English players maybe they would respect him more than we think.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I was hoping this point would get raised,to some degree i have taken this into consideration,but when a manager from overseas states an interest,and they are proven coupled with the fact the the key ingredient of the fact that they say that they love this country too...

He has passion,he would take no stick from the press,can you imagine the press conferences? be fantastic and we would be extremely hard to beat,even at penalties..

He would i am sure have us passing and trying to attack as the relative pressure would be off of him,at club level especially Chelsea it's all about sticking to a plan and limiting loss,i feel he would make us prosper..

Yeah agree with everything your saying, I've just watched Belgium grind out a 1-0 victory against Russia and I suspect they will go far in the competition.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sven used to get a lot of stick too, but with hind sight did a good job, a few quaters and a penalty shoot out away from going further.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
If we're looking for passion, technical knowledge and international pedigree, we already have one that's English. Step forward Gary Neville. The perfect replacement for Woy. I hated him as a player, but having listened to him on Sky, I think he's the perfect candidate - and crucially, already part of the England setup.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We still wouldn't do well, but would gain:

Spite and hatred towards opponents and their managers.
Mourinho's press conferences - an erratic pattern of either witty, or sulky
He might try and eye gouge an opposing coach in a fit of temper
When we lose, it would be everyone else's fault - UEFA or FIFA conspiracy, corrupt ref, blah, blah

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here