Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Hypia

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I am going away for a few days with Mrs Twowheels to recover from the disappointment of the abject failure of our national soccer team.
By the time I return on July 7th, could you please have in place:
1. A reliable assistant - that nice señor Calderon could fit the bill. Check his credentials first though
2. A Goalkeeper with a pair of safe hands
3. A decent left back, prepared to run the wing and keep Kaz supplied with scoring opportunities.
4. A solid dependable Central defender - preferably with experience playing at the highest level
5. A non injury prone striker, guaranteed to score a minimum 23 goals per season.

On my return we will discuss other areas of need, but I think that should keep you occupied for the next two weeks,

Kind Regards
Twowheels

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
and who is this Mrs Twowheels...........? shall i take Mrs Twowheelsbest away to be pampered,wined,dined and have her nails hair and feet done? :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are only around 2 weeks away from our first friendly of the season so it's about time we saw some action on the transfer front. At present, we are well short of what we need for next season.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We are only around 2 weeks away from our first friendly of the season so it's about time we saw some action on the transfer front. At present, we are well short of what we need for next season.

Agreed, it would be good to see 3 come in next week, goalkeeper, cb and Ward being my choices for next week.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I agree,but when they come i reckon we will see a flurry of signings,i am going for 4 in 10 days? with another 2-4 coming just before and after the season starts..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My guess is that we will see limited transfer activity, as the season draws closer we will start claiming Chicksen is worth a chance, Ankergren has enough experience, Calde can cover CB and Buckley can be used as the 3rd striker.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My guess is that we will see limited transfer activity, as the season draws closer we will start claiming Chicksen is worth a chance, Ankergren has enough experience, Calde can cover CB and Buckley can be used as the 3rd striker.

That would be depressing but a quite likely scenario given our track record of signing players. I'm sure that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes to obtain new recruits. It just doesn't seem like it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm sure that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes to obtain new recruits. It just doesn't seem like it.

The thing is had we signed new players too soon after Sami's arrival then people would be moaning that they're Burke's signings and not Sami's.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That would be depressing but a quite likely scenario given our track record of signing players. I'm sure that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes to obtain new recruits. It just doesn't seem like it.

What you mean like two years ago when we signed 8 players in the summer. Or 3 years ago when we signed a similar number.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I find it hard to believe that will happen. Despite what people say about FFP, Bloom has backed the manager in the last three years. We had limited transfer activity last summer but then we had most of the team who had come fourth the previous year, only losing Bridge (who we replaced), Hammond and Vicente of the key players.

This year, we've lost Kuszczak, Upson, Ward (for now), Orlandi, Lopez and Lingard plus a few more fringe players. I have faith that we will replace them.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I find it hard to believe that will happen. Despite what people say about FFP, Bloom has backed the manager in the last three years. We had limited transfer activity last summer but then we had most of the team who had come fourth the previous year, only losing Bridge (who we replaced), Hammond and Vicente of the key players.

This year, we've lost Kuszczak, Upson, Ward (for now), Orlandi, Lopez and Lingard plus a few more fringe players. I have faith that we will replace them.

We'll see. I hope you're right. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here