Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you use an e-cig or Vapour thingy in the AMEX?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've just decided to become an ex smoker, and as such has bought one of these vapour things, which is very nice, and in Albion colours too!!! Can you use them in the ground, or are they banned??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think they are banned however they appear openly used in WSU

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I got told off by a teenage steward on the East concourse for puffing on mine. So no. You can't if a steward sees you.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I concur, they are not permitted, but I see people, using them frequently.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Stupid rule and i don't even smoke.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've just decided to become an ex smoker, and as such has bought one of these vapour things, which is very nice, and in Albion colours too!!! Can you use them in the ground, or are they banned??

Call it an ex smoker if you will,you are still however a nicotine addict,or addicted to nicotine...

I smoke,3 before a game,i smoke a few more after the game swapping stands..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I got told off by a teenage steward on the East concourse for puffing on mine. So no. You can't if a steward sees you.

The stewards in there are really anal. At the end of the Derby game I was going to chill out in the stadium in my seat and wait a while for the Bridge car park to clear, and I was told to leave. I questioned the steward about it to the point of just holding back from having a row with him, but called him a ****** with gritted teeth as I left.

After spending good money there I completely felt a disconnect with the club with these jobsworths herding fans out of the stadium to be honest. Once the game is over you are not even considered a customer let alone a fan.

Telling people off for E-Cigs is even more of a joke whilst at the same time they are trying to pump people full of alcohol.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After spending good money there I completely felt a disconnect with the club with these jobsworths herding fans out of the stadium to be honest. Once the game is over you are not even considered a customer let alone a fan.
There were complete jobsworths at the Withdean too. Like when we were celebrating getting planning permission (the first time) in that game against Ipswich, and one particular idiot was trying to stop us having the free booze they handed out.

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
The official line is no. I have been threatened with being removed from the ground, but most stewards are actually human and turn a blind eye if you keep it very discrete. Some have even suggested where you can" vape" without being seen by the big brother cameras.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The stewards in there are really anal. At the end of the Derby game I was going to chill out in the stadium in my seat and wait a while for the Bridge car park to clear, and I was told to leave. I questioned the steward about it to the point of just holding back from having a row with him, but called him a ****** with gritted teeth as I left.

Telling people off for E-Cigs is even more of a joke whilst at the same time they are trying to pump people full of alcohol.

And if people decide to stay in their seats then the club needs to have stewards there when what they are really doing is getting you out of the arena onto the concourses. I presume the club move the stewards around so they can then control the exodus of coaches and buses or monitor the concourses. If they have to have a number of stewards still manning their stations within the arena because a few people in each area wish to remain seated for half an hour after the match then that will have knock on effect on costs.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
The official line is no. I have been threatened with being removed from the ground, but most stewards are actually human and turn a blind eye if you keep it very discrete. Some have even suggested where you can" vape" without being seen by the big brother cameras.

The toilets stink of cigarettes at half time so maybe the vapour thingy will mask the smell of the cigarettes.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I'm not a smoker but I really can't see what the problem is with these things. I was sitting next to 2 people in the pub puffing away the other day, one was apple and one was blackcurrant, no problem at all. If they really help people give up and they're truly not harmful then they should be encouraged in my opinion.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm not a smoker but I really can't see what the problem is with these things. I was sitting next to 2 people in the pub puffing away the other day, one was apple and one was blackcurrant, no problem at all. If they really help people give up and they're truly not harmful then they should be encouraged in my opinion.

There is actually some debate as to there safety,i am a heavy ish smoker,and vapour cigs make me want to cough,the vapour gets to parts of my lungs the smoke simply cannot...

Anyway,they can or cannot contain nicotine,depends who and where they are made,kids can get a foot on the ladder to starting smoking and well,its a continuation of nicotine addiction,on a variation of a theme.

I appreciate they can help and work for people,but when i stop i won't want to use one.

On the whole though the 2nd hand smoke problem for non smokers in the the areas close to people using them does not exist which is a good thing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can see the issue the club have. From a distance you cannot tell if a fan is smoking or vaping so if there are 100 fans in a stand doing it they don't want to have to constantly check each one to make sure they are vaping and not smoking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can see the issue the club have. From a distance you cannot tell if a fan is smoking or vaping so if there are 100 fans in a stand doing it they don't want to have to constantly check each one to make sure they are vaping and not smoking.

Is probably the nail on the head.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Given how anti smoking so many people are I suggest that would be self policing, with the more self righteous non smokers turning on real smokers.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Absolutely agree about a growing disconnect with the club. The safety manager is at the heart of it imo. He's no football fan that's for sure, just a pompous arrogant fool. The stewards are just following his instructions.

My kids were given a hard time for remaining in their seats rather than clearing off last season.; I assume it's because they can't spend money sitting in the stands.

A real shame that our club is being diverted away from the fans. hate to say but it doesn't sound like that's the case at palace. When the supporters there turn up they're treated as customers, not milked as football fans.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I am Sure when my son was a steward their they were told it is a fire hazard.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Absolutely agree about a growing disconnect with the club. The safety manager is at the heart of it imo. He's no football fan that's for sure, just a pompous arrogant fool. The stewards are just following his instructions.

My kids were given a hard time for remaining in their seats rather than clearing off last season.; I assume it's because they can't spend money sitting in the stands.

A real shame that our club is being diverted away from the fans. hate to say but it doesn't sound like that's the case at palace. When the supporters there turn up they're treated as customers, not milked as football fans.

You must be truly blissful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here