Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important Question

If you are walking down Queens road from the station, which side do you walk on?

• The LEFT SIDE

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • The RIGHT SIDE

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Right side all the way nowadays - out of the train station and off to Churchill Square :(

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've genuinely never given it much thought. Perhaps this is what is missing from my life.

I'd say left, mainly as its just straight out of the station.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
They are cancelled out by the lights by the crossing from the station to the Queens Head.
I usually get the bus anyway.

Are they?

3 sets on the left side (including the one opposite budgens outside the cab rank)
2 sets on the right side (including the one to the Queens Head)

It really is a thrilling encounter.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are they?

3 sets on the left side (including the one opposite budgens outside the cab rank)
2 sets on the right side (including the one to the Queens Head)

It really is a thrilling encounter.

The Budgens ones are a piece of piss, don't think I've ever waited for the lights.
It is thrilling.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Now this is a really important topic. It must be 20 years since I've done this walk, but I can recall it as though it was yesterday. In the several hundred times I made the walk in the 15 years ending 20 years ago, it was ALWAYS on the right. Those who took the left hand side were, somehow, in some way, just, well, odd.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It depends on whether I'm heading for the Theatre Royal or the Dome (in which case left) or the Brighton Centre (in which case right). I suppose I prefer left, as I nearly always seem to almost get knocked down on the Guildford Street (I presume it's Guildford Street, with the Duke of Wellington; isn't Sing Li in Guildford Road?)/Surrey Street junction. As I'm more often than not heading for Church Street, the left side just seems the more natural to use, even though it can take ages to cross Gloucester Road and North Road.

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
Never really analysed this, but thinking about it I always use the right. Don't know why. Left side does have more room and must be easier and quicker. I think for me the right side is far more "Brighton" than the left.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm the right side, I'm the right side, I'm the right side Brighton boy.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Let's get one thing straight.....i have always been a Left side North stand boy.

In answer to the OP i use the Right side and am proud to do so,however the real question here is/

What side of the right do you use,when walking down?

Lefties need not apply,only family people with kids,day trippers and non Brightoner's use the left.....and [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] who is the resident NSC loose cannon,so he has "carte blanche" anyhow's :lolol: morning 8 :bigwave:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I always walk on the right side (West) to the Clock Tower but curiously, when I walk to the station it's on the right (East) side.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Let's get one thing straight.....i have always been a Left side North stand boy.

In answer to the OP i use the Right side and am proud to do so,however the real question here is/

What side of the right do you use,when walking down?

Lefties need not apply,only family people with kids,day trippers and non Brightoner's use the left.....and [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] who is the resident NSC loose cannon,so he has "carte blanche" anyhow's :lolol: morning 8 :bigwave:

I walk where I want,
I walk where I want,
Station to Clock Tower - I walk where I want :ascarf:

Good morning Gold :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here