Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia keen to assess attacking options [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Hyypia keen to assess attacking options[/h] 5:00am Friday 20th June 2014 in Albion By Brian Owen
3077734.jpg
Sami Hyypia
Sami Hyypia has spoken of his excitement about working on an attacking master plan with his new players.
Albion’s recently-appointed manager admits he is determined to improve a goals tally of 55 in the Championship last season.
But he says he will not work on any strategy until he gets a close look at the talent he has at his disposal when players report to their new training base later this month.
Hyypia is expected to stick with the 4-3-3 set-up used by the Seagulls in recent seasons and by Bayer Leverkusen under his command but said: “The striker doesn’t necessarily need to be a big guy, even though with Leverkusen and Brighton that is the case.
“The player above two attacking players can also be a smaller player with good movement, a player who can draw the centre-backs out with his movement.
“My default idea is still the same I had at Leverkusen but I need to see which system fits our player types in the best possible manner.”
He added: “There are coaches and managers who have one idea, no matter what type of squad they have.
“First I need to see our players and player types at training and decide if they will be suited to the football I have in mind.
“If they are not, I need to adapt and think about something else or we can enter the transfer market and look for solutions from there. It is quite interesting to see what we find."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here