Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next England Captain

Next England Captain?

• Total voters

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Stevie G is reportedly going to hang up the armband - who do you think should be the next England captain ???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
From that list Cole, Terry and Lampard won't play for England again, so pretty pointless listing them. I don't think Rooney is captain material, not a leader, so woudn't pick him (unless he becomes United captain and does a good job), so that only leaves Cahill, and I'm a bit meh about him at this mo, but couldn't suggest anyone vetter.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
None of the above. To be honest I don't think any of the current squad is worthy of the role. I just keep praying some half decent players will come to the fore in the next couple of years to give us a bit of interest in the next euros. Dammit, it's been so depressing witnessing the worst results we have had in a "finals" for ages.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I actually think Gerrard needs to stay on. I don't think anyone else is guaranteed their place for the next two years - Rooney included - and the last thing you need is a young player not even guaranteed a place struggling with the media burden of the captaincy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where is the option for Adam lallana ?

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Problem is, unfortunately we don't have any England definite starters who are captain of their club like gerrard terry, shearer etc. hopefully gerrard may still be there in two years but wether he will play each game or not I don't know. Be interesting when JT retires from Chelsea, who takes over as captain. Cahill?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here