Gerry Conlon Dies

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Aged 60.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Spent a quarter of his life iwrongly imprisoned.

D

Deleted User X18H

Unless like the investigating officers you think he was wrongly freed and you are convinced that he was involved and released on a te hnicality.

The investigating officers who were charged with perverting the course of justice !

The Chief Constable of Surrey was the man responsible for him being freed, nobody else.

Erm, the highest judicial minds in this country also had a small part to play and they also thought that the guilford 4 had been fitted up. Along, of course, with thee maguire 7 and Judith Ward who were also fitted up by the same bent coppers and security services.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He was casualty of war, between this country and the IRA. Wrongly convicted maybe but then how many innocent people have been killed by IRA bombs in this country?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I went on detached duty to Winston Green prison while the "Birmingham Six" were there and to put it bluntly I did not like what I saw or heard when they were handed over to the Prison Service they looked like they had been through a mincer.
those few weeks have always put a dark shadow over my opinion of the police and the justice system and the only saving grace was the public baying for blood, someone was to blame, quick action was required and that's what the public got.
a lot of those I worked with in those few weeks would have liked to continue the actions that went before, but somehow managed to keep a quiet dignified presence.
those that didn't were moved away for a while or went on leave
both the original cases were abhorrent and thank God we as a nation looked further into the cases and found the truth no matter how much we did not like it.
those few weeks will live with me until I die.
I did not know Gerry Conlon and never met him
I hope he has found some kind of peace now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here