• England v Costa Rica

Votes: 28 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Italy v Uruguay promises to be an intriguing final match, but it's being played the same time as the England match. ITV have the choice of matches to play.

Which would you rather watch live? Even if you live abroad and don't have ITV.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I was thinking this - a meaningless England game or a real winner-takes-all clash.

Can't ITV show them both, with one going on ITV2 or whatever?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was thinking this - a meaningless England game or a real winner-takes-all clash.

Can't ITV show them both, with one going on ITV2 or whatever?

As a guess BBC show one and ITV the other, with ITV getting choice on which match to show

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was an interesting stat on the guardians World Cup daily podcast, that claimed England have won only one World Cup game that airs exclusively on itv since beating Iran in 1982.

I suppose it comes down to whether to watch a game that has something riding on it for both teams, or watch England either embarrass themselves again, or get the performance and result that makes everyone wonder why they couldn't do it in the last two games and become even more frustrated (or amused at the reaction of people who actually expected something from this World Cup)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It will have to be Italy as I want to see them wipe the smile off a certain strikers face.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Italy Uruguay will be the better game. Would like to see how England respond to the disappointment of exiting the competition though.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
One on in the kitchen, the other in the lounge.

Hover in the doorway - job done:)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
England match. Want Hodgson to be brave and rest anyone tired and not part of our long-term future.

Baines who's been awful in defending to be replaced by Shaw, tired Gerrrard out, and let Sterling play the roaming central role he did in the Italy game. Give Oxlade a chance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm intrigued to find out why Italy appeared to throw their match against Costa Rica. Was it a one-off betting coup, or part of a bigger plot to eliminate first England and then Uruguay? If the latter, how do they plan to take out Suarez, Uruguay's sole threat? Somebody taking a straight red bullet for the cause by taking Suarez out of the game maybe? Required viewing!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There was an interesting stat on the guardians World Cup daily podcast, that claimed England have won only one World Cup game that airs exclusively on itv since beating Iran in 1982.

Actually the stat is that it has been only the one win since France 98, and that was the Trinidad and Tobago game in 2006.

Frankly the FA should step in and BAN ITV from showing England games. Admittedly we lost the only game the Beeb got this time round too, but the team put in a much better performance. I know they can't ACTUALLY be held responsible, but it's a good excuse to get rid of their piss poor coverage that is universally derided.

Anyway, in answer to the original question, I'd rather watch the game that has something riding on it, i.e. Italy v Uruguay. However there is no way ITV will pick that for their main channel. It will be England again and lots of gushing analysis of what went wrong in this campaign. The interesting game will be shunted to ITV4 although if we're lucky it does at least mean the commentary team won't be Tyldesley and Townsend.

I do have some interest in what lineup Hodgson puts out and whether the team make any effort whatsoever, but I suspect there won't be radical changes or any real intent so it'll be painfully boring. I'm actually more interested to see what the pubs choose to show because I will be leaving work to try and catch Italy v Uruguay but if everywhere is showing England v Costa Rica I'll have to leggit home to try and catch it

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I see the cocknockers at ITV are showing the complete mismatch of Brazil vs Cameroon instead of Croatia vs Mehico tomorrow.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I see the cocknockers at ITV are showing the complete mismatch of Brazil vs Cameroon instead of Croatia vs Mehico tomorrow.

Croatia v Mexico is on ITV4. BBC have no games tomorrow, I guess due to start of Wimbledon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here