Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will a BHA player represent England at 2018 world cup?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
As things stand Solly March and JFC are the only possibles.

Could we sign an England International in the next for years. I would love to think so.

Although not first choice I still remember the joy of Steve Foster playing in the World Cup finals against Kuwait.

We won 1-0 I recall. So we have a 100% record with Brighton players in the team.

That's a lesson we need to learn for Russia 2018.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Out of our current players, Dunk is the only one I think has a chance. If we get promoted and he becomes a regular starter then he could be one of the players that replaces our current defence. He's got the potential if he gets first team football and Premier League football with two seasons. I don't think March, JFC or Ince stand a chance because they are in positions that England have a quite a lot of choice in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No chance

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say.... no.

No I don't think this will happen. It is really quite unlikely that we would develop a player good enough, quickly enough to break into the squad or even hold onto such a player if a bigger Premiership team came in with the right offer. Nor is it likely that we would sign and pay the wages of someone who was already capable of playing for England.

So on balance, that's a no from me.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5ODyD7asNChmyA0lHSyY--sLiJu4qGUxnRfJtO2vcTdLCE6G3

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
to be fair, what's so great about being an England international ??

Indeed, being an England international carries all the kudos of being a San Marino international and it's just an excuse for WAGS to go on holiday every couple of years. The sooner we disband the futile exercise that is the England team the better.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Could we sign an England International in the next for years. I would love to think so.

Although not first choice I still remember the joy of Steve Foster playing in the World Cup finals against Kuwait.

We won 1-0 I recall. So we have a 100% record with Brighton players in the team.

Had to check but even Tommy Cook played in a winning England team in 1925!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

He was a POINTLESS answer on POINTLESS recently. They put up a picture of that England squad and contestants had to find the lowest scoring players...Foster (without headband) was stood right there...no - one got him.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Had to check but even Tommy Cook played in a winning England team in 1925!

I made the same mistake - Wardy played (just) in a winning side too. However, Giraffe's post was about BHA players playing in the WC finals. Neither Wardy nor Cook did that, and I can't think of any other than Foster who did...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Highly unlikely but of our current crop I'd say Dunk has the best chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here