Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Academy's question

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
A very open question, I do not have the facts however, how do you all stand on limiting clubs on numbers with recruiting for academy's to small numbers and therefore more intensive coaching on a more 1:2:1 basis.

My understanding and I may be wrong is the top prem teams grab all the kids of which a small % make it though, surely they should focus more on those with obvious talent and developing their technique?

If that all makes sense?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Except of course not all kids develop at the same time or rate. Those kids that the academies don't take on, who's going to develop them and what qualifications do they have to do so?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
A very open question, I do not have the facts however, how do you all stand on limiting clubs on numbers with recruiting for academy's to small numbers and therefore more intensive coaching on a more 1:2:1 basis.

My understanding and I may be wrong is the top prem teams grab all the kids of which a small % make it though, surely they should focus more on those with obvious talent and developing their technique?

If that all makes sense?

There are rules governing numbers per age group, however no where near the amounts your are asking.

The problem would be the outstanding group in your under 9's will probably not reflect those that develop and become outstanding at under 16's, so the coaching needs to cover the group overall.

Good coaching should be able to deal with differing ratios, some 1 on 1 sessions already exist if deemed necessary by the coaching staff.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is where grass roots development is needed, start spending on coaching the coaches who run the small local clubs out their own pockets. The fa need to invest in these people to aid development far down the line...in my opinion ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here