Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am I allowed to call Sami Hyypia our best manager in years, now? Or do I have to wait!?!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
After spending best part of the past three years moaning about our manager (especially Garica who somehow managed to be more one tracked than Poyet), I've just read comments from Hyypia

“My default idea is still the same I had at Leverkusen but I need to see which system fits our player types in the best possible manner.”

Which is a bit disappointing as I believe it was similar to our style.... but he goes on

“There are coaches and managers who have one idea, no matter what type of squad they have.

Oh, promising. He's probably not aiming it at them, but you could make that Oscar's and to a lesser extent Poyets moto!

“First I need to see our players and player types at training and decide if they will be suited to the football I have in mind.

This comment starts to excite me and then he hit the home run.

“If they are not, I need to adapt and think about something else or we can enter the transfer market and look for solutions from there. It is quite interesting to see what we find."

Oh, I'm in heaven. That comment is music to my ears!! At last!!

“If they are not, I need to adapt and think about something else"

This and this alone, makes me think and hope we have a keeper here. He seems to be a manager who can think outside the box, and not just..... as I said many times.... flog a dead donkey.

After England crashing out last night, to which I was strangly totally non bothered about, I think after reading these comments, I might be falling in love with the game again!

Please please please Sami, unlike Garica who promised us attacking football, and then delivered the most drab shite many of us have ever witnessed (at least in the dark old days we had shit players serving up shit football), please practice those words you preach.

Please please look at the squad, the individual players, and play a system that suits them.

You know what, I think this might just be our year!:albion2:

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wait and see if he goes 5-4-1 at the first home game of the season first.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It's all irrelevant words at this stage. Pretty sure Oscar said the same last season.

I thought I was having a real deja vu moment, then remembered - Yes, OG was the best thing since sliced bread because he spouted a load of clap trap about "attacking football".

Let's see where we are at Christmas, then pass judgement.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's all irrelevant words at this stage. Pretty sure Oscar said the same last season.

Pretty much this. Every manager, from David Hockaday, ex Forest Green Rovers manager to Chicago Bears' legendary head coach Mike Ditka make use of QuoteMeSporty.com, a random quote generator for all new managers. Type in your team name, your sport and three random buzzwords, such as 'strengthen' 'optimistic' and 'character' and QuoteMeSporty does the rest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do people REALLY pay any attention to what is said by a manager in his first week at a new club? Dear oh dear. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am completely open minded but with pretty limited expectations because I don't think Hypia will get the backing to build a team capable of challenging. Least excited I have been about a season since Dean Wilkins got the sack and Adams was brought back.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Reporter on the Withdean running track in 2003 with BZ: So, do you think you'll still be at Brighton next season?

BZ: Yeah, that would be nice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Like them or loathe them, the previous two managers have got us into the play-offs in the last two seasons, so they must've done SOMETHING right… :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here