Votes: 21 15.7%
  • The Who

Votes: 61 45.5%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ok, so we're rubbish at football but would we win if the World Cup was about great music and great bands instead??

32 great bands, 8 groups, and one winner you decide. Let battle commence.

:rock:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it you mean the original Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green as the 2nd more successful version is 2/5ths American and most of the input came from the two Americans...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
G'n'R: annoying yelpy poodle rock, partially mitigated by the odd classic. Fleetwood Mac: post-blues era - a guilty pleasure, many fantastic moments; blues era: no thanks - not my thing. Velvet Underground: a clue - I have made many hundreds of posts to the C86 thread. The Who: I have more time for them as I get older, which is ironic. The winner for me - too obvious - I clearly go for the hipster choice.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely The Who although I have a bit of a soft spot for Appetite for Destruction era Guns n Roses, they should have stopped then really.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Velvets obviously an acquired taste, although famously almost everyone that got the taste for them went and formed a band.....

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Guns N Roses - play a high line and keeping going for the spectacular. Rarely comes off. Early casualties.
Fleetwood Mac - early line-ups packed with quality and class on the ball; later squad changes brought more of a populist approach: easy on the eye but a bit bland
Velvet Underground - pioneering approach to the beautiful game based more on attitude than ability. Always likely to surprise and a major influence on modern day practitioners. Don't rule them out.
The Who – line up has barely changed but a reliable strike force allied to constant creative flair makes them favourites in my book

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Guns N Roses - play a high line and keeping going for the spectacular. Rarely comes off. Early casualties.
Fleetwood Mac - early line-ups packed with quality and class on the ball; later squad changes brought more of a populist approach: easy on the eye but a bit bland
Velvet Underground - pioneering approach to the beautiful game based more on attitude than ability. Always likely to surprise and a major influence on modern day practitioners. Don't rule them out.
The Who – line up has barely changed but a reliable strike force allied to constant creative flair makes them favourites in my book

Hmm a maximum of 10 years decent output is hardly constant. There was some right dross after that and I think Fleetwood Mac can lay better claim to constant creative flair personally. The Who are a little over rated on NSC imo, they even beat the Stones in some polls which is silly when you look at their respective outputs.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Missed a trick there, having a Curbishly brother as a Manager leaves The Who untouchable shurely?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Hmm a maximum of 10 years decent output is hardly constant. There was some right dross after that and I think Fleetwood Mac can lay better claim to constant creative flair personally. The Who are a little over rated on NSC imo, they even beat the Stones in some polls which is silly when you look at their respective outputs.

Well, you're right it's all opinions - I guess I prefer The Who's best creative output to the Stones, even if the latter have been staggering on forever. Still reckon if you'd lined up late Sixties Who v late Sixties Fleetwood Mac in an actual five-a-side, Daltrey & Co would have stuffed 'em :lolol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
really liked Rumours,but gone for G'n R,done some absolute classics

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ok, so we're rubbish at football but would we win if the World Cup was about great music and great bands instead??

Any rock music poll without the Sex Pistols is a nonsense for this reason, I'm out.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I seem to have missed groups E,F,G &,H? Are they coming later?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here