Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road rage

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Now i don't condone road rage, but like us all, at some time, I have got the odd numpty that annoys me and results in some form of hand/verbal gesture.

Picture the scene if you will. Out of the kindness of your heart, you let someone pull out in front of you. They give you a nice wave of thanks and a smile, and you in turn wave and smile back. They might even put the hazards on briefly as confirmation of their gratitude. Lovely stuff. But during the ensuing journey, they do something that would annoy you and by doing so enter the realms of road rage. This could be going very slow, or driving in such a way that stops you overtaking, etc.

Now usually the impatience would get the better of you. I might drive up closer, shake my head in a sarcastic way, flash my lights, etc.

But because you had previously had the lovely exchange of smiles and waves - does anyone agree that they now become immune, you just cannot give the driver any grief - frustrating as it might be?

(I'd like to add that i'm not an aggressive driver - well you can't be in a KA)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just relax and accept that 50% of drivers are below average (and that the average standard of driving is quite poor here anyway)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ah yes, anyone going slower than you is a ****ing idiot, anyone going faster than you is a ****ing maniac.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

Ah well you see, now that's your problem. You should consider saving up and investing in a heavier machine that creates a more sinister impression on the roads. Like a Hummer. Or just attach a snow plow to your front bumper.

Sorry, but I'm all out of other, equally sensible options :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Now i don't condone road rage, but like us all, at some time, I have got the odd numpty that annoys me and results in some form of hand/verbal gesture.

Picture the scene if you will. Out of the kindness of your heart, you let someone pull out in front of you. They give you a nice wave of thanks and a smile, and you in turn wave and smile back. They might even put the hazards on briefly as confirmation of their gratitude. Lovely stuff. But during the ensuing journey, they do something that would annoy you and by doing so enter the realms of road rage. This could be going very slow, or driving in such a way that stops you overtaking, etc.

Now usually the impatience would get the better of you. I might drive up closer, shake my head in a sarcastic way, flash my lights, etc.

But because you had previously had the lovely exchange of smiles and waves - does anyone agree that they now become immune, you just cannot give the driver any grief - frustrating as it might be?

As soon as you start driving closer it would be considered bad driving in its own right. If I have someone in front of me who I can clearly see is not aware of me or other traffic, I know that they will probably do something else erratic or stupid. Chances are they are looking for a parking space or if they don’t know the area they may be looking for a road.

Best thing to do is take a deep breath drop back, leave more space and swear laughingly under your breath. If someone forces you to break suddenly then there may be cause for some brief rage, but it is a sign to drop back leave extra space.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I agree, snow plough over a car Red Nose every time
Ah well you see, now that's your problem. You should consider saving up and investing in a heavier machine that creates a more sinister impression on the roads. Like a Hummer. Or just attach a snow plow to your front bumper.

Sorry, but I'm all out of other, equally sensible options :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People just don't have patience, that's what the problem is. So someone isn't going fast enough for you? There could be a number of reasons for this. They will be lost, they will be looking to park, they may be a shit / nervous driver. They may simply be daydreaming a bit. Either way, getting up behind them and flashing your lights won't help in fact will likely cause an accident you will end up paying for. Relax, you're not that important.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
You speak sense! i'm certainly not a tail gater by nature, and when you enter that zone, you have to think, 'is that a nutter in front'. Deep breath it is.
As soon as you start driving closer it would be considered bad driving in its own right. If I have someone in front of me who I can clearly see is not aware of me or other traffic, I know that they will probably do something else erratic or stupid. Chances are they are looking for a parking space or if they don’t know the area they may be looking for a road.

Best thing to do is take a deep breath drop back, leave more space and swear laughingly under your breath. If someone forces you to break suddenly then there may be cause for some brief rage, but it is a sign to drop back leave extra space.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Blimey, read back my initial post and you'll hopefully pick up on the light hearted approach i took with it. I'm pretty sure i didn't proclaim higher importance over anyone else.
People just don't have patience, that's what the problem is. So someone isn't going fast enough for you? There could be a number of reasons for this. They will be lost, they will be looking to park, they may be a shit / nervous driver. They may simply be daydreaming a bit. Either way, getting up behind them and flashing your lights won't help in fact will likely cause an accident you will end up paying for. Relax, you're not that important.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Blimey, read back my initial post and you'll hopefully pick up on the light hearted approach i took with it. I'm pretty sure i didn't proclaim higher importance over anyone else.

I didn't mean you in particular, just a sort of general exclamation. No personal insult implied or intended.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah yes, anyone going slower than you is a ****ing idiot, anyone going faster than you is a ****ing maniac.
Well quite. If they're going either slower or faster than you, then there's a good chance you'll have an accident. I find it best to drive at the same speed as those around me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here