Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet holiday sites

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Has anyone used and would recommend an online holiday website.

Hoping to go away at the end of July, holiday for 2 in an all inclusive package. Open to anywhere in Europe as flying long distances is an issue

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We used Travel Bag with great success recently (I have been put off travel republic after my mum and dad arrived at a full hotel in germany earlier in the year without a room allocated to them and had to find another hotel themselves, which proved an issue fairly late in the evening)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Have used Travel Republic for numerous all inclusive holidays and never had an issue. Flights, hotels, transfers.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
My advice is don't use Opodo - unless you want them to cancel the booking for your return flight home, without telling you.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Have used Broadway Travel many times. Always great value and very helpful.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Expedia has worked well for me. Plus there are often cashback offers through Quidco and possibly other cashback sites.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Holiday Pirates is by far the best for finding the best deals.

Not a search website like Travel Republic, they post around 5 deals everyday with very good offers. I just booked flights to Indonesia in 2015 via one of their deals for £230 return.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Travel Republic

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Another vote for Travel Republic. Have used them to book very decent hotel deals in the bast with no problems. Be very wary of booking the flight element through them though. Don't know if the situation has changed recently, but they went through a phase of selling you low-cost airline flights at a particular price, then if they had any delay confirming the booking with the actual airline involved and the price of the flight went up, then you were landed with a bill for the difference. To be on the safe side, maybe best to use Travel Republic for hotel bookings then book the flights direct with the airline.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Holiday Pirates is by far the best for finding the best deals.

Not a search website like Travel Republic, they post around 5 deals everyday with very good offers. I just booked flights to Indonesia in 2015 via one of their deals for £230 return.

Sounds similar to Travel Zoo they send out regular emails and have a website with similar deals - we picked up a great deal for a long weekend in Brussels on eurostar last year

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I usually use http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/ but I will look at some other sites mentioned on this site. Must admit I'd never heard of holiday pirates.

are they still going.....i remember booking via the real teletext (last minute cheapies to spain or greece), and if you didn't write down the phone number quick enough you had to wait for 189 pages to pass before it came around again.....and by then the deal had gone......heheh.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm currently on a lastminute.com package in Kos

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
are they still going.....i remember booking via the real teletext (last minute cheapies to spain or greece), and if you didn't write down the phone number quick enough you had to wait for 189 pages to pass before it came around again.....and by then the deal had gone......heheh.

I'm so old I can remember the days when you used to have to go into Thomsons or Lunn Poly on the high street and they'd present you with about three pages of clunky Teletext if you wanted to go to, say, the Med in August and that was your lot to choose from. Unsurprisingly cost a blooming fortune also. Can't believe there's still a Thomsons on the high street, there's even one in London Road. Days must be severely numbered shirley?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm so old I can remember the days when you used to have to go into Thomsons or Lunn Poly on the high street and they'd present you with about three pages of clunky Teletext if you wanted to go to, say, the Med in August and that was your lot to choose from. Unsurprisingly cost a blooming fortune also. Can't believe there's still a Thomsons on the high street, there's even one in London Road. Days must be severely numbered shirley?

You have to pick up your brochures from somewhere! (or do they have another use?)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You have to pick up your brochures from somewhere! (or do they have another use?)

Well, brochures are another thing that's going to shortly pass into history, along with the BT phone book and the thousand page Argos catalogue. Would you REALLY pay brochure price? And with no Trip Advisor reviews to go on? Only time I'd imagine anybody under the age of about eighty goes into Thomsons is to maybe change back some excess currency at the end of their holiday. Even then, if it's euros, you'd tend to hang onto it til next time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Yep. Came back from Menorca only last Friday. in the past they used to link you to other travel agents. This year, I went straight through to "Teletext holidays" and actually paid the price they quoted (plus transfers and £90 for two cases in the hold, of course).

and I remember waiting for the pages to come around again. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here