wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
we need to religate the white shirt and have the RED as out home kit

just as Brazil ditched thier white kit when they lost at home to Uraguay

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes definitely. That and the fact that none of our players are good enough to retain possession. Ever.

They're also not paid enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah my bad luck that I'm English during a football tournament.

No excuses, we tried, we looked OK in the Italy game but we are not clinical enough. No I'm not talking about the Albion :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Vincent Tan joins NSC.

But I agree.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Talking of bad luck, if England get through on other peoples hand outs, Mario Balotelli will have to kiss the Queen :shootself
Yeah my bad luck that I'm English during a football tournament.

No excuses, we tried, we looked OK in the Italy game but we are not clinical enough. No I'm not talking about the Albion :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes definitely. That and the fact that none of our players are good enough to retain possession. Ever.

They're also not paid enough.

I think the retaining possession is insignificant compared to the power of the kit colour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think we were unlucky last night. All the key moments were influenced in some way or another by player skill/tenacity, or lack of it.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Austria changed from white to red and have been shyte ever since #justsaying #brunopezzy

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
No, it's simply a "skill" thing. Lack of talent in the squad, equates to shocking performances worthy of You've Been Framed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think we were unlucky last night. All the key moments were influenced in some way or another by player skill/tenacity, or lack of it.

Not so sure about luck, but the ref did bottle a big decision: that second offence by Godin was at least a yellow, which would have been his second, and Uruguay would have had to play an hour with ten men.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not so sure about luck, but the ref did bottle a big decision: that second offence by Godin was at least a yellow, which would have been his second, and Uruguay would have had to play an hour with ten men.

This isn't luck; it's naivety. Like it or not, England made it very easy for the ref to bottle this one by Sturridge just getting up off the floor and not rolling around holding his face like he'd had acid thrown in it, and no England players getting in the ref's face and demanding a card.

Imagine what the reaction would've been if it had been a foul on a Uruguay player. Probably something akin to the sending off of Greer against Reading.

This is probably why we always did well with Collina reffing: he may have made mistakes but I'd doubt he could ever be influenced.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think there is an Element of Psychology to it. We are bombarded with images of a successful England team in red every World Cup.

I would try it.

Having said that, I have always preferred England in all-white.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This isn't luck; it's naivety. Like it or not, England made it very easy for the ref to bottle this one by Sturridge just getting up off the floor and not rolling around holding his face like he'd had acid thrown in it, and no England players getting in the ref's face and demanding a card.

Imagine what the reaction would've been if it had been a foul on a Uruguay player. Probably something akin to the sending off of Greer against Reading.

This is probably why we always did well with Collina reffing: he may have made mistakes but I'd doubt he could ever be influenced.

I agree that Collina is the best ref that I've witnessed in my life time. What you say here is depressing to a naive thing like me, but I suspect you're probably right. Which I'd expect you to concede is depressing. Or is that more naivety on my behalf?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree that Collina is the best ref that I've witnessed in my life time. What you say here is depressing to a naive thing like me, but I suspect you're probably right. Which I'd expect you to concede is depressing. Or is that more naivety on my behalf?

It is depressing. However, influencing the ref in this way does seem to have become a standard part of the game, particularly where international refs are concerned.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am sick and tired to the back teeth, of people forever claiming that England are 'unlucky'.

The long and short of it is, that we are quite simply not good enough, not only to not win international tournaments, but now it would seem, to not even qualify from the group stages.

We aren't going forwards, be are going backwards. The standard of our play now, is worse than l can ever remember it.

And the notion of us somehow playing better, and having more 'luck' if we change the colour of our shirts is quite frankly ludicrous

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The only thing I would say was unlucky is the group we were drawn into. I dare say that if we were in some of the other groups we would have gone a bit further in the contest, clutching at straws I know.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The only thing I would say was unlucky is the group we were drawn into. I dare say that if we were in some of the other groups we would have gone a bit further in the contest, clutching at straws I know.

Do you really think that we would?, I'm not sure any more, and do you know what?, l'm beginning to not even give a damn.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do you really think that we would?, I'm not sure any more, and do you know what?, l'm beginning to not even give a damn.

I think that we would. The performances of the team in the last world cup wouldn't have got us out of this group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here