Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why are England so shite....???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
clueless bunch of numpties , no passion or commitment , not a man amongst them tonight capable of taking hold of the game, Rooney , Gerrard , Johnson and hopefully Hodgson have seen their last international duty.....Jagielka , **** me the guy is pony..............and for those of you who may be wonderring , squirrel shit does not make a very tasty breakfast......spare a thought for the 1000's of fan's who have made the journey to get dished up a big serve of luke warm dissapointment.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We did our own share of diving last night. Not only do we cheat, we cheat badly.

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
haha yeah, our players threw themselves to the floor just as much as the Uruguayans but they were just better/ more convincing at it! England are shite because we don't have any world class players....but, plenty of teams do very well without world class players, how many world class players do Mexico have? How many do Bosnia have? Australia played much. much better than us in their games and they have hardly any top players. There are teams in this comp with championship players, no better or worse than albion players.

The main thing is that England managers, ever since I can remember (early 90's) have never seemed to know what our best team or formation is and they seem to make it up as they go along. It makes no sense to play a different team in every warm up game, you have to let the players get used to playing with one another. In the two games so far, we've tried something different in each game (namely, where the balls do we play Rooney) and low and behold the attack play like they're complete strangers. We also have never had a manager that can make the difficult calls (like dropping Lampard a few years back or Gerrard this time around).

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We play in fits and starts. There's no doubt some of our players have talent, and all them play at a high level but they are always let down by their levels of technique which are poor. Stop blaming foreigners and get some decent coaching in the country. How many ex players who make pretty shitty managers continue to get work even after they have done poorly? Too much of an old boys club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seriously??

They shoud've been down to 10 after half an hour; the Uruguayan might have got away with the 2nd booking because Sturridge didn't go down as if he'd been shot and the England players didn't all surround the ref shouting and waving imaginary cards.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
They shoud've been down to 10 after half an hour; the Uruguayan might have got away with the 2nd booking because Sturridge didn't go down as if he'd been shot and the England players didn't all surround the ref shouting and waving imaginary cards.

:shrug: I didn't watch a dirty game myself. Didn't even occur to me that anyone deserved to be sent off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:shrug: I didn't watch a dirty game myself. Didn't even occur to me that anyone deserved to be sent off.

Was for 2 yellow cards; both of them cynical fouls to prevent England getting into a dangerous position. Clear yellows, both of them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
clueless bunch of numpties , no passion or commitment , not a man amongst them tonight capable of taking hold of the game, Rooney , Gerrard , Johnson and hopefully Hodgson have seen their last international duty.....Jagielka , **** me the guy is pony..............and for those of you who may be wonderring , squirrel shit does not make a very tasty breakfast......spare a thought for the 1000's of fan's who have made the journey to get dished up a big serve of luke warm dissapointment.

Agreed.

This has been the worst England shambles since Turnip Taylor's era.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
so the player with the assist Johnson and the goal Rooney were the problem?
Italy and Uruguay are ranked in the worlds top ten from the moment the draw was made
any football fan knew it was going to be difficult to get out of the group
we certainly had a go
in football simulations stirling is classed as a forward
we went with 4 forwards 2 attacking full backs and an offensively
minded holding midfielder.
it should come as no surprise we conceded goals against good opponents
if we were a bit disappointing it was that we could not effectively
harness our attacking talent .
cannot understand Rooney being the fall guy
he was truly awful in South Africa
but he was our most effective threat this time
1 goal 1 assist have not seen more detailed stats on last nights game
but against Italy he had the most shots and set up the most attempts
by far the least effective was wellbeck
and lallana and Barkley contributed little from the bench although
that is a tough ask

Stumpy Tim

so the player with the assist Johnson and the goal Rooney were the problem?
Italy and Uruguay are ranked in the worlds top ten from the moment the draw was made
any football fan knew it was going to be difficult to get out of the group
we certainly had a go
in football simulations stirling is classed as a forward
we went with 4 forwards 2 attacking full backs and an offensively
minded holding midfielder.
it should come as no surprise we conceded goals against good opponents
if we were a bit disappointing it was that we could not effectively
harness our attacking talent .
cannot understand Rooney being the fall guy
he was truly awful in South Africa
but he was our most effective threat this time
1 goal 1 assist have not seen more detailed stats on last nights game
but against Italy he had the most shots and set up the most attempts
by far the least effective was wellbeck
and lallana and Barkley contributed little from the bench although
that is a tough ask

As poems go, that's a poor one

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I honestly didn't think we were that bad. We had loads more possession and more shots than them (they had two on target, scored two goals). Could easily have been a very different story. Had Suarez not had that lucky break we could have gone and won it ourselves (we were looking the team most likely at that stage). No doubt everyone would then be raving about how good we are.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The absolute need to dissect everything, blame someone, and the throw away comments about "no passion" are the reasons...the reaction to disappointment across our fans and media simply drive fear across the team...we become so scared of losing, of making a mistake, and consequently struggle to cope..We have no reason at all to be so vindictive in our blood letting...we have for years said "throw in the youngsters", go to a tournament and give them experience without worrying about the result so that they are better prepared when they are at the peaks...we have done that, looked promising at times, but our weakest point was always our defence..and against really tough teams, the likes of which you might not expect to face until last 16 we have just been edged out...nothing more complicated than that.
We came close in both games against 2 sides...that experience will be lost because of our insistence on blaming someone...lets just be disappointed because we wanted to win, not so desperate that we let disappointment drive the knife so far into players who we then expect to be confident next time around...human nature doesn;t work that way. It is OK to not be quite good enough..dont lets resort to purile, ill-thought through comments like "no passion" "didn;t want it" blah blah...

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I honestly didn't think we were that bad. We had loads more possession and more shots than them (they had two on target, scored two goals). Could easily have been a very different story. Had Suarez not had that lucky break we could have gone and won it ourselves (we were looking the team most likely at that stage). No doubt everyone would then be raving about how good we are.

Sounds like a typical Brighton game under Garcia. As we learnt though, possession and shots on goal isn't everything, it's what you do with the possession and the quality of the finish that counts. We lacked the quality both Uruguay and Italy have, but as other posters have said, it was a young side and no one really expected us to do well in a tough group.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Because we play like gentlemen while the rest of the world cheat, basically.

I don't think that argument would hold after the Uruguay match. Our forwards seemed to be diving all over the place, while Suarez not only didn't bite anyone but also popped up to score two really good goals - and Cavani played his part as well.

It is arguable that they should have been down to 10 men before the end of the first half, but even so, I am not convinced it would have made a great deal of difference. They were better than us, which is why they won.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The absolute need to dissect everything, blame someone, and the throw away comments about "no passion" are the reasons...the reaction to disappointment across our fans and media simply drive fear across the team...we become so scared of losing, of making a mistake, and consequently struggle to cope..We have no reason at all to be so vindictive in our blood letting...we have for years said "throw in the youngsters", go to a tournament and give them experience without worrying about the result so that they are better prepared when they are at the peaks...we have done that, looked promising at times, but our weakest point was always our defence..and against really tough teams, the likes of which you might not expect to face until last 16 we have just been edged out...nothing more complicated than that.
We came close in both games against 2 sides...that experience will be lost because of our insistence on blaming someone...lets just be disappointed because we wanted to win, not so desperate that we let disappointment drive the knife so far into players who we then expect to be confident next time around...human nature doesn;t work that way. It is OK to not be quite good enough..dont lets resort to purile, ill-thought through comments like "no passion" "didn;t want it" blah blah...

What a very, very good post. I agree with every word.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Excellent post. Sometimes I think 99% of all football fans are total morons. All I've seen since last night, whatever site you go on, is comments like "we were effing sh*te", etc etc. No, we weren't. We really weren't. We played well in spells and probably deserved a draw. We were better against Italy and pretty unfortunate not to get a result. With a bit of luck, the outcome of both matches could have been very different. It's a young side with an inexperienced defence - and, as you say, we were drawn in one of the toughest groups in the tournament. At the end of the day (Brian), we haven't been quite good enough and the performances have fallen a little bit short. But to suggest we were abysmal or have somehow been 'humiliated' is utter nonsense.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here