Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kwikrap

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Council leader Jason has announced that he will not stand for reelection as something, not sure if as councillor or leader, who cares as long as he buggers off?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The first of many Green councillors who will step down in 2015 and not seek re-election to avoid the embarrassment of being swept aside in the elections next May. The end is nigh.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
The first of many Green councillors who will step down in 2015 and not seek re-election to avoid the embarrassment of being swept aside in the elections next May. The end is nigh.

A lot will stand down, simply because they are quite young on average, and being a councillor is a thankless task that doesn't pay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A lot will stand down, simply because they are quite young on average, and being a councillor is a thankless task that doesn't pay.

They'll also be thinking about their long term political career , taking a "sabbatical" is excusable but losing the public's confidence isn't.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
They'll also be thinking about their long term political career , taking a "sabbatical" is excusable but losing the public's confidence isn't.

I'm sorry, but you're speaking out of your "backside". You don't join the Green Party in order to have a political career.
You're merely a cynic, which is a bad place to be.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sorry, but you're speaking out of your "backside". You don't join the Green Party in order to have a political career.
You're merely a cynic, which is a bad place to be.
I didn't mention anything about remaining in the Greens :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I didn't mention anything about remaining in the Greens :wink:

You didn't then, but you have now. And as you have, why don't you also predict how many current Green councillors will transpire to be councillors, MPs or even MEPs for another party. Mine is zero.
You're not doing too much to dispel my accusation that you're merely a cynic. And I maintain, that's not a good place to be.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You didn't then, but you have now. And as you have, why don't you also predict how many current Green councillors will transpire to be councillors, MPs or even MEPs for another party. Mine is zero.
You're not doing too much to dispel my accusation that you're merely a cynic. And I maintain, that's not a good place to be.

Lets wait and see if any of the existing Green councillors switch their allegiance to another party before next May. Its happened before around the country where councillors have switched sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here