Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italy beat Costa Rica and it's still a possibility...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
We can squeeze through with a high scoring win over Costa Rica & Italy beat Uraguay for all the hype and tension to start over again!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Italy beat Costa Rica - which, being realistic, I think they will - they'll go into the final game needing a draw to progress as group winners. Apart from the fact that the Italians are masters at playing for the draw, if England are a couple up with 30 mins to go, you'll end up with Uruguay only needing a draw as well.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Usual finger nail reaction to what is, the obvious. Even if we scraped through. We are gonna be kicked out in the next round either way.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Italy win tomorrow, can't honestly see them busting a gut to win the last game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We can squeeze through with a high scoring win over Costa Rica & Italy beat Uraguay for all the hype and tension to start over again!

So you think we can beat Costa Rica ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
High scoring win?

If Italy won 2-0 against Costa Rica and then beat Uruguay a 2-0 win would put us through.

Won't happen though

If Italy beat Costa Rica 2-0 their GD is then zero with 3 goals scored. If they then beat Uruguay 1-0, their GD is -2. If England beat Costa Rica by 1, they'd be on the same GD of -1 and same goals scored, so England would go through on the head to head.

Like I said above though, won't happen.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The maths:

Eng-ger-land has a 96.5% chance of being eliminated.

Ur ugly has a 44.9% chance of advancing, up from 22.1%.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well they may need a result because Costa Rica could well beat us and if Uruguay beat the Italians then they could miss out.

OK. You have talked me into it Blocky. :)

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
More chance of me pulling Jordan and Kate Moss and spending the rest off the World Cup shagging them up both holes every day then England going through.

What a load of rubbish, we were inadequate once more if it were a school they'd be on special measures..one chance and they blew it once more..Pride or the skills to deliver? It's time to get back to grass roots and **** FIFA/EUFA it's corrupt to the max. we need to be thinking about our own leagues. This is money at it's worst; it's destroying our national game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here