Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I posted on the match thread that before the tournament I didn't think he should have been included in the squad.

I have seen nothing from him in either game to alter that view.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Woeful. Reverted to type, floating balls into the box with Gerrard overhitting most things he tried. Yes, he's the scapegoat but that's because I'm bitterly disappointed that we let a crocked, buck toothed, arm munching cheat take the game away from us

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He's only in the liverpool team because even Rogers wont dare drop him for fear of the scouse backlash.
His new defensive midfield role is just the least bad option for including him in the team. Hodgson following his lead is inexplicable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
usual comical over reaction to losing a game, in which we played well and dominated the majority of the game. caught out by poor defence, but the forwards should have done a bit more with their opportunities. their defence was suspect, we didnt get in behind or catch them on the break. a bit too... Spanish?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Played somd very good balls but 1 missed header cost. He hasnt been the worst player by any stretch.

He was at fault for the first. He lost the ball in the middle of the park and then let a crocked Suarez waltz into the. Box to score. As for the second goal ... Shocking. He has been pony. It sad as he's had an illustrious career but this World Cup he's been toilet!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
usual comical over reaction to losing a game, in which we played well and dominated the majority of the game. caught out by poor defence, but the forwards should have done a bit more with their opportunities. their defence was suspect, we didnt get in behind or catch them on the break. a bit too... Spanish?

You're very charitable with your "comical" reference; I think "childish overreaction", "seeking a scapegoat" and "gormless response" are all far more apposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here