Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Juho Mäkelä

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
It may mean nothing, but Juho Mäkelä a finnish international striker has left his club. He has tweeted this: "@juhomakela: I have terminated my contract with @IFKMariehamn. I want to thank the club, players and fans for this short period and wish you all the best"

And also: "@juhomakela: Time to sail towards new oceans and challenges. #Tackochhej! #Åland"

He's a 6 foot 3 striker, decent goalscoring record, played all around the world and is very quick. It may mean absolutely nothing, or maybe he's joining Sami's revolution at Brighton!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It may mean nothing, but Juho Mäkelä a finnish international striker has left his club. He has tweeted this: "@juhomakela: I have terminated my contract with @IFKMariehamn. I want to thank the club, players and fans for this short period and wish you all the best"

And also: "@juhomakela: Time to sail towards new oceans and challenges. #Tackochhej! #Åland"

He's a 6 foot 3 striker, decent goalscoring record, played all around the world and is very quick. It may mean absolutely nothing, or maybe he's joining Sami's revolution at Brighton!

Thank you. Although if he'd tweeted "I'm joining Sami's revolution at Brighton!", then I think I would be a bit more interested!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
His Wiki stats are uninspiring.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Very much a journeyman striker (based on Wiki admittedly) 30yrs old, used to play for hearts 8 yrs ago. Short term contract maybe? Trial? Not linked at all?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Thank you. Although if he'd tweeted "I'm joining Sami's revolution at Brighton!", then I think I would be a bit more interested!

yeah well I did say it might mean nothing. Just thought y'all might be interested in it and maybe someone ITK would say something

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
He's now just followed 'Brighton Fanbase' on twitter too....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He scored 2 goals in 20 appearances in a career that ended at Hearts 5 years ago. Since then it's been all downhill. Basically, this is the player signing equivalent of Dave Hockaday.

Are we going to get this sort of tosh being posted on NSC every time any Finnish player so much as farts a tweet?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
He scored 2 goals in 20 appearances in a career that ended at Hearts 5 years ago. Since then it's been all downhill. Basically, this is the player signing equivalent of Dave Hockaday.

Are we going to get this sort of tosh being posted on NSC every time any Finnish player so much as farts a tweet?

So you moan about how crap a player is, then follow up with claims that we're probably not going to sign him......

So if you honestly don't think we're gonna sign him then leave it at that.
All I've done is state a possible player for us and its more than reasonable to make an assumption there's something in it. I assume if I posted something about Stephen Ward or someone else then that would be tosh too?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Why let it bother you. All sorts of good, bad and indifferent stuff is posted here. If you do not know just to ignore what you wish to rather than kick your feet like a sugar ridden toddler then I would suggest you enjoy making a deliberate issue of certain posts

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So you moan about how crap a player is, then follow up with claims that we're probably not going to sign him......

All I've done is state a possible player for us and its more than reasonable to make an assumption there's something in it. I assume if I posted something about Stephen Ward or someone else then that would be tosh too?

Don't worry, if he read his own posts then he'd be reading an interminable load of tosh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I was merely pointing out facts about his career that make him a very unlikely transfer target for a club aspiring to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership. There are probably 20 other Finnish players that you could speculate about that at least would be plausible targets.

I don't see why you bring Stephen Ward into this. Clearly, he IS a plausible transfer target, mainly because unlike this Makela chappie he's still capable of playing football at Championship level.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I was merely pointing out facts about his career that make him a very unlikely transfer target for a club aspiring to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership. There are probably 20 other Finnish players that you could speculate about that at least would be plausible targets.

I don't see why you bring Stephen Ward into this. Clearly, he IS a plausible transfer target, mainly because unlike this Makela chappie he's still capable of playing football at Championship level.

I said about Ward because yeah as much as he is a plausable target, if I said something about him joining, would you react in the same way? Have you seen the lad play then? Because did stats and facts show that Ward was going to be a good player for us? Successive relegations and poor performances. Pretty sure he did alright. Anyway forgetting stats, I assume you have seen him play a number of times to be so sure he's not good enough for a team like us. I don't know but MAYBE he's coming on trial

Either way, all I did was point out a possible transfer target. Is that against the rules? No, as a matter of fact I'd bet that more fans would be intrigued as to what I said than fans who'd rather just moan or de-mean such as yourself.

Like I say, thats all I've done. No different to what any other fan would do. If you don't like it, then don't comment....pretty simple 👍

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I said about Ward because yeah as much as he is a plausable target, if I said something about him joining, would you react in the same way? Have you seen the lad play then? Because did stats and facts show that Ward was going to be a good player for us? Successive relegations and poor performances. Pretty sure he did alright. Anyway forgetting stats, I assume you have seen him play a number of times to be so sure he's not good enough for a team like us. I don't know but MAYBE he's coming on trial

Either way, all I did was point out a possible transfer target. Is that against the rules? No, as a matter of fact I'd bet that more fans would be intrigued as to what I said than fans who'd rather just moan or de-mean such as yourself.

Like I say, thats all I've done. No different to what any other fan would do. If you don't like it, then don't comment....pretty simple 

What are you talking about? Stephen Ward is a current Republic Of Ireland international with 23 caps and recent Premiership experience. He is a proven Championship player.

Makela is 30, he's never played in any of Europe's top leagues, his last of 3 starts for Finland was 4 years ago and his last meaningful playing experience was at the Bundesliga 2 equivalent of Doncaster Rovers where his services were dispensed with after 13 games.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He also follows Bill Clinton & Donald Trump

A little bird told me Clinton and Trump have been in touch with Bloom regarding a takeover. They all met during a recent card game(well two actually - Clinton cards and Top Trumps).

I'll get my coat....I think i've pulled! :sheep:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here