Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping Leo on board ... Vital? or not so Vital?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Subject for discussion ...

We all know that Leicester have made several undisclosed bids for our Leo, and that Gus at Sunderland is allegedly keeping an eye on the situation. I am sure that there are other clubs in the Premier League who wouldn't mind taking a punt on signing him too.

Therefore how vital is it to the Albion that we hang on to him at any cost?, or should we cash in for as many millions as we can get, and splash the cash on a replacement(s)?

All opinions welcome.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Vital. Totally vital.

He'd be our main 25 goal striker next season.

We need 2 strikers as it is ( to replace Barnes and Hoskins ).

May the Gods of Football help us if we need to find 3 new ones, as perhaps it could be said that we have a weakness recruiting in this area ( with a couple of exceptions ).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The one thing every team needs/wants is a 20+goal a season striker, we already have one he is called Leo Ulloa, why should we sell IF we do not have to.

As it stands we have two fit strikers on the books, we need to add to this forward line not subtract from it.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Should have told Leicester with their £7m bid...Well, you've bought one of his boots...what are you going to offer for the other one ?

Think I read somewhere that they have changed target and going for a foriegn based striker now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I read an article about him reporting he was frustrated because we have twice failed in the play offs. Fair enough but he didnt score in any of the four games or to be honest look like scoring from what I can remember.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only thing that is vital, is that IF we sell him, it is VITAL we sign a replacement.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I read an article about him reporting he was frustrated because we have twice failed in the play offs. Fair enough but he didnt score in any of the four games or to be honest look like scoring from what I can remember.

Also not in the last 10 games of the previous season if memory serves, hardly 'I've done my bit'
I get the impression his heart is not fully with us anymore so best take the dosh BUT we do need someone significant in as replacement

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only thing that is vital, on the back of a 20+ page thread devoted to all things Ulloa.
Is another identical thread about Ulloa.

It's the NSC way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is vital, is that if we sell him we re-invest the money in a couple of strikers. I was not a fan of Leo being the only choice we had last season, he often played like he knew he was un droppable. If he stays it is vital we have another good goal scorer as competition to keep Leo on his toes and also to replace him in case of injury, suspension, lack of form, sulky bottom lip, change of tactics. Some might say CMS is that man, I don't believe he is.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As long as we get Rhodes or someone as good with the money, not Wilbraham, or Church, for example.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Who knows without a crystal ball. We could sign two amazing strikers and he ends up on the bench. He could have an off-season, or he could score 35 goals.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No-one is irreplaceable. If we get a decent offer, and can spend it, wisely, then we should let him go if his head has been turned anyway

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
We NEED to keep him. If he Is sold. That just goes to show the lack of drive and ambition our club has. The track record of getting strikers In Is terribad.

Rubbish. We do not need Leo Ulloa to get us promoted. We need a 25 goal a season striker who fits our style, it doesn't matter who it is. If the club feel we can get that plus a few million quid profit to invest in other areas of the team by selling Leo, then it is absolutely the right thing to do. I'll be sad to see him go though, he is a quality player.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Rubbish. We do not need Leo Ulloa to get us promoted. We need a 25 goal a season striker who fits our style, it doesn't matter who it is. If the club feel we can get that plus a few million quid profit to invest in other areas of the team by selling Leo, then it is absolutely the right thing to do. I'll be sad to see him go though, he is a quality player.

Not sure if you've not noticed but we don't currently have a style. It's the manager who decides what style we have. And I'm still not convinced the money would be used In other area's due to the fact that ******* FFP Is around.

D

Deleted member 22389

Dont care if he goes to be honest. Just give us the right money for him. I hope this is the start of a new type of football at the club now, because honestly I'm bored of the Spanish style.
Yes it got us to the play offs twice now, but it wasnt enough to push us over the line.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure if you've not noticed but we don't currently have a style. It's the manager who decides what style we have. And I'm still not convinced the money would be used In other area's due to the fact that ******* FFP Is around.

We'll have a way of playing, of course we will. I wasn't saying Leo didn't fit our style, I just didn't want to say that any 25 goal a season man will do, because they won't, they need to work in our team.

I'm sure some of the money would be reinvested in the team, otherwise what's the point in selling him? To sell someone who is the difference between having a shot at promotion and having no chance at promotion of we don't suitably replace him would be madness. And a complete false economy if Bloom wants any of his money back.

When we announce our losses this year they will be a lot lower than they were last year. I'm sure we can use some of the cash from Leo to reinvest, we just need to make sure it's done wisely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here